Chimp
Mar 31, 2005
broomfield
Quiz. CDCC stands for:
A. Truth, Justice and the American Way
B. Centers for Disease Control, Colorado
C. Colorado Downhill Cycling Collective
D. Only A and C

Well I hope everyone had a good summer. Here is a quick update on the advocacy front. MTB Task Force Rep, Dave Cohen, set up two meetings for CDCC to meet with open space staff this summer. At the first meeting open space staff asked for specific requirements and locations. At the next meeting they said they were still not sure if we were a viable user group.

We are setting up another meeting, before Thanksgiving, to present them with all our evidence that "freeride" and dh mtb are here to stay and growing. We are conducting a local trail use study, and a report on the economic impact of NS trails in Vancouver, BC. We are also going to be circulating a new petition, so check your local bike shop or email me (bikelogic@yahoo.com) to sign it. If you feel strongly about this issue, and you can put it in a concise and professional sounding letter, write it and email it to me or send it to: CDCC, 240 Daphne Way, Broomfield, CO. Along with all this evidence, Dave will also give open space staff a formal letter signed by all of the mtb reps on the Trails Use Task Force, requesting that the construction of directional mtb trails be added to the agenda of an OSAC meeting. Hopefully we can have it added to one of the meetings early this spring. This meeting will be open to public comment and we plan to enlist a who's who from the local cycling industry (Yeti, Maverick, The Fix, Mojo, Wheatridge, Cycle Syndicate, Bicycle Colorado, IMBA, just to name a few) to help us make our case.

In the meantime, check the CDCC's new website at cdcc.org. Actually, wait a week and then check it. There's not much on it yet, but add it to your favorites and check it daily as we will be working to get it up to snuff asap (no pressure Evan, hehehe).

Also there is a TUTF meeting on Oct. 27. The primary item on the agenda is North Table Mountain. Open Space is still talking about putting a "challenge park" at the top. Mtb Task Force reps have asked for CDCC's official stance on this. It would be great if membership (you know who you are) could get back to me with comments on this.

Thanks for your patience,
Kent Setsma
CDCC

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
Are their any plans to expand the CDCC outside of Jefferson county? I am very interested in getting some things to happen around me. I know a few land owners I want to approach with some ideas but would love to have a group like the CDCC to help back me.

fly rider

Chimp
Mar 31, 2005
broomfield
in '03, when we officially founded the CDCC, we had requests from all over the state for us to help organize chapters. the main problem was that we were too unorganized here at home. the CDCC has re-focused their efforts specifically on JeffCo open space. i am happy to offer advice and share what i have learned about working with land managers to any one else who wants to start a dh club anywhere else, but advice is the only support the CDCC can offer right now.

it just takes committment to the cause and alot of patience. don't give up!!!

send me a pm or email and i'll do what i can to help.