Quantcast

100,000 people dead & where's the media?

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Eh, they figured it wouldn't sell as well.

Dead people in Burma < Barack Obama

Edit: Holy hell, Burma is in trouble.

May god have mercy on their souls.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Its all over the BBC news. Maybe USA don't care no more.

After all, the US only offered $250,000 while UK gave over &#163;5M.

I can't really judge, NZ probably gave a few blankets...

edit: NZ gives NZ$3M in aid. Whats that in USD? Nearly two and a half million?

WTF????

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Of course its because its brown people. That being said the US has pledged 3.25m BUT the Myanmarians are dicking around with letting assessment teams into the country. That's anyone assessment teams. The UN supposedly just got the first flights of supplies there today.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
The aid included 38 tons of high-energy biscuits and arrived in Myanmar on Friday on two flights from Bangladesh and the United Arab Emirates.

"All of the food aid and equipment that we managed to get in has been confiscated," U.N. World Food Program spokesman Risley said.
The U.N. has grown increasingly critical of Myanmar's military rulers' refusal to let foreign aid workers into the country while the junta appeared overwhelmed and more than 1 million homeless people waited for food, medicine and shelter.

"The frustration caused by what appears to be a paperwork delay is unprecedented in modern humanitarian relief efforts," Risley said. "It's astonishing."
Oh well, I guess it's just going to be less people to repress.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Western aid experts in Bangkok will have to wait at least four more days to get into Myanmar to help cyclone victims because the Myanmar embassy in the Thai capital took a local holiday on Friday.

&#8220;This is a four-day wait which just should not happen,&#8221; said Risley. &#8220;This is too long to wait for people whose lives are at such a precarious balance.&#8221;
must be union workers....

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
UN is now out..
outcry & seething from the left to commence in 3...2...1.....oh nevermind

wait, wait, wait. the UN is HQ'd in NYC, which is an american city, in an american country. i think we know who's really to blame here.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I heard that India told Myanmar that the cyclone was on it's way a WEEK AHEAD of time, but that Myanmar ignored them.

WTF?