Quantcast

100 foot skinny

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Its not real skinny but you have to pedal to get up on it and then you have to pedal every once in awhile. Here are some more pics.

Attachments

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
We also made a fast speed drop into a step up. You could make the drop as big as you wanted to. Some went off it slower and made it a 6ft drop while others went faster making it a 10+ft drop. You had to thread the needle. There were trees on both sides. In this pic the rider is real close to the tree. The landing is pretty steep.

The snow is slowly making its way down the mountain.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
kidwoo said:
You guys expecting a flood?
Ummm no.:think:

It was just a boring part in the trail that needed something. Its a flat section about 1/2 way down the mountain. Its actually a real odd area.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
These are our local trails. We have lots of FR stuff around here.

no floods or tsunamis here in Montana. What are you guys talking about? Put the crack pipe down, :)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I think he's trying to say a raised skinny in a place where you could just ride on the ground is odd. But it still looks cool. My chainsaw was cringing just looking at that.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
It may seem odd, but its a great place to practice. About 10 people sessioned it for about an hour. This part of the trail just needed something. It only took three trees to make this skinny and yes they were dead trees.

Hey Kidwoo, if you dont see the point behind a skinny on flat ground, you better go back to the Downhill forums...... this is the Freeride forum. :);)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So touchy.

I build dirt mounds on either side of perfectly good meadow that could easily be ridden over instead of jumped.

Of course I then fill the gaps with sulfuric acid and poison tipped alligators with sharks for teeth.

I've been riding big bikes for about 5 years now and have raced 3 times. Guess what the majority of that riding has been. Ride free my brothers. Hugs for all.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
I saw Kidwoo try to ride a skinny ladder once. It was funny stuff.:D

Nice ladders man. Looks way fun. Skinny bridges are radular to play on.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
We have an area that is turning into a small North Shore. Yesterday, there were 5-10 people building and about 15 riders. The area is suppose to stay open for 2 more years so we are building like crazy until then. Canadian style trails and stunts are slowly making their way into the US.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Kanter said:
We have an area that is turning into a small North Shore. Yesterday, there were 5-10 people building and about 15 riders. The area is suppose to stay open for 2 more years so we are building like crazy until then. Canadian style trails and stunts are slowly making their way into the US.
came, got shut down, and are making their way back again, at least over here. I think all the XC clubs are realizing that there's an actual demand from freeriders.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Last year everything was torn down and burned by the Forest Service. That just made everyone build more and better stuff. Long live FR!!

We had a few meetings and the area was saved for another 2 years.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
We built this a few months back, it is about 180 feet long and most of it is under 6 inches wide! A small handful of people have made the distance.....I am not one of them ;)

A shot from a little bit further up the line, you can start to see the cut out line for getting off before the extension.

Closer look at the cut off, which is basically where the old skinny ended...

A look at the cut off from the another perspective...

And the Extension starts with a tuff up and down!

At the top of the up and down.....it's a long way to the end of the extension!

a little but farther and it is starting to get higher and slope downhill on a 10 degree angle...

farther still.....

this section at the end is steeper and higher than it looks..

and going back up, there won't be any coasting on this skinny......you're gonna have to pedal!

these side supports I did today make the whole thing super sturdy.....it doesn't get all wobbly like the original skinny did!!

pedal, pedal, pedal!!

and the original skinny is in sight!!

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
kidwoo said:
I saw zach dank try to jump our alligators but he must have been skeerd of their poison teeth.
Yeah me real skeerd of 20 ft dubs. I gots a new 60 ft. Dub with jellyfish in the middle. Are you skeerd of jellyfish?
I'll be peeing on some alligators later this week with a couple of my bois.
I'll actually have a front brake. We were headed to hacksaws trails on saterday, but we gots side tracked at Auburn. The new line will be dreamy at Aubs.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Zach Dank said:
Yeah me real skeerd of 20 ft dubs. I gots a new 60 ft. Dub with jellyfish in the middle. Are you skeerd of jellyfish?
I'll be peeing on some alligators later this week with a couple of my bois.
I'll actually have a front brake. We were headed to hacksaws trails on saterday, but we gots side tracked at Auburn. The new line will be dreamy at Aubs.
You didn't miss anything. There was about 30mph winds out there. I left after about 5 minutes. Show me sum jellyfish.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
kidwoo said:
You didn't miss anything. There was about 30mph winds out there. I left after about 5 minutes. Show me sum jellyfish.
Gladley. It will be done by friday. The LOD came out of retirement.