Quantcast

100 Mile Triple Crown Ideas... please

Desey

Chimp
Aug 24, 2005
Okay, I have successfully survived and finished my first 100 mile MTB event... The Brian Head Epic100....

So, I have an idea for 2006...... I want to do 3 100's within the twelve month calendar. This is an offshoot of the Road Ride 200 mile triple crown for California, which I did in 2004.

I cannot imagine anything exciting me about road riding right now, but 3 century MTB's.... that get's me going

What I need is a calendar....... I live outside Los Angeles and would prefer if I could drive to the events...

so far I am considering:

-Brian Head (again)
-Durango 100
-Park City 100
-Cream Puff
-End to End White Rim in one shot

Anyone have other events I should consider

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It would be a long ass trip for you but the Shenandoah 100 is a great race and certainly would be quite different from the western terrain of the other 100s. There are always people who make the trip cross country for the race.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Depends what you want, Leadville isn't a "fun" course like BrianHead is. The Cream Puff, though I am biased since I ride those trails, is AWESOME. Yah, throw in an east coaster.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Heidi said:
Depends what you want, Leadville isn't a "fun" course like BrianHead is. The Cream Puff, though I am biased since I ride those trails, is AWESOME. Yah, throw in an east coaster.
careful next thing you know she'll be trying to sell you an indyfab

Attachments

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Well, it isn't, it's a lot of fireroad and drafting is the most important aspect of that race....from what I hear.