Quantcast

100 miler in the Southeast??

k2biker

Chimp
Aug 5, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone know of a 100-miler in the SE between August and November? I know of the SM100 and Wilderness 101, but am looking for something a little closer to home.

Thanks in advance!

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Cohutta Death March is a 100 miler but it was back in April.

Here's some others from wncmountaingoatepics,
other than that it's 24HOA at conyers.

I highly recommend the Off-road assault on Mitchell.
Great race, doesn't get much better than Pisgah singletrack and can't say enough good things about the promoters and the job they do.

hope this helps.

July 23rd 2006

Old Fort, NC

Off Road Assault on Mt. Mitchell: 65 miles and 12,000 ft. of climbing in the rugged Pisgah National Forest surrounding the tallest mountain of the east coast. Contact Todd Branham of Blue Ridge Adventures at 828-606-5107. Flyers to be available March of 2006.

July 29th 2006

State College, PA

Wilderness 101: 101 mile mountain bike race offering up some the best single-track riding central Pennsylvania has to offer in the Roth Rock and Bald Eagle State Forest.

August 12th 2006

Slatyfork, WV

Wild 100: A endurance orienteering race at its best. Its a all-day mountain bike marathon where length is determined by the route you choose to reach the six checkpoints and back to start/finish. Approximately 100k( 62 miles).

September 3rd 2006

Stokesville, VA

Shenandoah 100: 100 mile mountain bike race deep in the heart of the Shenandoah National Forest of Virginia. This one is becoming a classic!

September 16-17th 2006

Pisgah Forest, NC

24 Hours of Pisgah: a 24 hour lap race for solo or teams to be held at Camp Carolina in Pisgah National Forest, North Carolina featuring some grueling climbs and technical downhills and festival atmosphere.

November TBA '06

Pisgah Forest, NC

Swank 65: 65 k ( 42 miles) mountain bike race held in the south western end of the Pisgah National Forest. A clover-leaf of loops takes you on some of the best backcountry technical riding there is in the area. Contact Todd Branham of Blue Ridge Adventures at 828-606-5107.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
DVNT said:
Cohutta Death March is a 100 miler but it was back in April.

Here's some others from wncmountaingoatepics,
other than that it's 24HOA at conyers.

I highly recommend the Off-road assault on Mitchell.
Great race, doesn't get much better than Pisgah singletrack and can't say enough good things about the promoters and the job they do.

hope this helps.

I recommend Mt. Mitchell as well. Actually all of DVNTs suggestions are good.

k2biker

Chimp
Aug 5, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Thanks guys, but I already know about all these and am planning to do ORAMM and was planning on doing SM100. I was at the Cohutta race so I know about that as well.

I'm just looking for a mtb century a little closer to home for the Fall months.