Quantcast

100 Million iPods Sold!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!

Apple has sold a total of 100 million iPods, the company announced Monday, not bad for a device that many thought would fail when it was launched in November 2001.

But since Apple debuted the music player, it has come to dominate the digital music industry and revived the once struggling company.
The figure implies that Apple sold about 11 million iPods in its most recent quarter, which concluded at the end of March. That would be up 40 percent from the previous year and appears to be above analysts' estimates.

In the last year, Apple has sold about 49 million iPods, which come in three models and range in price from the $79 low-end iPod shuffle to the $349 80-gigabyte video-playing iPod.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I own 2 of those 100 Million. Don't know what I would do without at least 1!
i have two myself, but i've been responsible for at least a half dozen other sales thanks to my evangelism over the years. :)

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I don't really want one, it's not cool to have what everyone else has, I think I'll stick with my 45s at home and the 8 track in the chevy.

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
i think i've had 6 shuffles now yet only paid for the first one. they just keep ****ing up. they need to make them more resistant to washing machines and toilettes!