Quantcast

100mm dj fork

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I just recently switched from a fox back to a marzocchi, I bought the fox, because the weight of the marzocchi turned me off. I jump almost everyday, and the fox handled it well at first, then after about 5 1/2 months the seals blew. Next the right stanchion begain to crack. I know a lot of people that have nothing but good things to say about fox. IMO it is a good company, and the forks are nice but not really good for the everyday abuse that DJ's offer. I say get a Marzocchi DJ. Yeah, they're heavy, but they hold up, and once you get going on it the weight becomes less of an issue.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
The Sherman jumper comes in a 100mm also I thought. I think Fox Fork's are awesome IMO. Lots of adj. and such, but for the price, Zocchi DJ3.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
You can't go wrong with a DJ3. Cheap and indestructible. Everyone says "omg it's heavy" but I guarantee you won't notice an extra 2 lbs after a week. And there's no adjustability but who cares, you're jumping and there are only 4" of travel. I just run mine stiff and it works perfectly for saving my ass on those front-wheel-case moments.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
You should get an 03 sherman firefly and just run it in the 110mm setting. The extra 10mm really shouldnt matter much casue chances are its gonna sag close to that much anyway. The firefly are great forks, and they dont weigh too much, and the 03 doesnt have spv, and could be found pretty cheap.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I dont think you can do that because that is considered the "uphill" setting and you dont do a lot of wicked jumps going up a steep hill.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
ALEX WAS SERVED!!!!!!!!

sorry ya i was jus wondering bout fox, to expensive for me anyway. the dj 3 sounds good, buts whats the diffrence between the dj1 and 3, how much better is the 1? and y is it better?

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
rpk1988 said:
I dont think you can do that because that is considered the "uphill" setting and you dont do a lot of wicked jumps going up a steep hill.
Lemme explaine what I said a little better. Formermtnboarder already has a firefly, which he as been doing downhill jumps on in the "uphill" setting since day one without any problems whatsoever, but the frame he is getting is designed for a 100mm fork and the extra 10mm is bugging him. So I am suggesting for the millionth time that he save himselfe some time/trouble/money, and stick witht he awesom fork he has.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
black noise said:
You can't go wrong with a DJ3. Cheap and indestructible. Everyone says "omg it's heavy" but I guarantee you won't notice an extra 2 lbs after a week. And there's no adjustability but who cares, you're jumping and there are only 4" of travel. I just run mine stiff and it works perfectly for saving my ass on those front-wheel-case moments.
I second that, get one of Marzocchi's DJ forks. You won't regret it...

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
escapeartist said:
Lemme explaine what I said a little better. Formermtnboarder already has a firefly, which he as been doing downhill jumps on in the "uphill" setting since day one without any problems whatsoever, but the frame he is getting is designed for a 100mm fork and the extra 10mm is bugging him. So I am suggesting for the millionth time that he save himselfe some time/trouble/money, and stick witht he awesom fork he has.
:nope:

ummm thats an exception to the rule. normally those break when you ride them in the "uphill position"

Not that great of a fork either. I broke one the 2nd day i had it when I cased a double.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
scurban said:
:nope:

ummm thats an exception to the rule. normally those break when you ride them in the "uphill position"

Not that great of a fork either. I broke one the 2nd day i had it when I cased a double.
I liked mine, but trust me, if his were gonna break, it would have happened. It survived a kid (formermtnboarder) who was just learning how to ride, but who was still trying supermans, and big drops to flat, and no-footed can cans, and tailwhips, and the list goes on and on. If it were gonna blow it woulda happened on the second day for him too.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
escapeartist said:
I liked mine, but trust me, if his were gonna break, it would have happened. It survived a kid (formermtnboarder) who was just learning how to ride, but who was still trying supermans, and big drops to flat, and no-footed can cans, and tailwhips, and the list goes on and on. If it were gonna blow it woulda happened on the second day for him too.
I honestly and sincerly take that as a compliment, thank you alex

mike seems to thimnk my riding on the 110 on my flick may be what destroyed the 110 travel setting though soooooooooo.......
(i want cash too alex)

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
formermtboarder said:
I honestly and sincerly take that as a compliment, thank you alex

mike seems to thimnk my riding on the 110 on my flick may be what destroyed the 110 travel setting though soooooooooo.......
(i want cash too alex)
It was a compliment, I wasnt trying to bash you. And i didnt know that your flick was messed up, that sucks. Scurban is right though, those forks arent made to really do much in the short travel setting, but I think you just got a really tough one.