Quantcast

1027 for 1

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit is finally released from Palestinian captivity after 5+ years....they just had to give up 1027 Palestinian prisoners...315 have one or more life sentences.

thoughts??

Israel and Hamas leaders said Tuesday they have brokered a deal to swap roughly 1,000 Palestinian prisoners for Gilad Shalit, the Israeli soldier captured by Hamas more than five years ago.
Shalit is expected to return to Israel within a few days, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said at the start of an emergency Cabinet meeting called to discuss the soldier's release. The Cabinet later voted 26-3 in support of the swap.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/11/world/meast/israel-shalit-release/

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Been seeing that all day from my joo friends on the FB. As always, my only thought is the hope that some how Israeli apartheid will end, and that Palestinians can accept the fact they have no chance of victory.

Then maybe I won't have to worry about my friends who are walking around the west bank/ gaza with guns

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Been seeing that all day from my joo friends on the FB. As always, my only thought is the hope that some how Israeli apartheid will end, and that Palestinians can accept the fact they have no chance of victory.

Then maybe I won't have to worry about my friends who are walking around the west bank/ gaza with guns
I am by no means a middle east expert, but why do you suggest that Palestine should accept no victory?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Seems to me that 1028 people were lucky enough to pop out of the right vaginas....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
...so is the algorithm that 1 Jewish life is worth 1,027 Palestinian lives?
That seems to be the going rate, give/take. The last prisoner exchange they did was something like (this is just off the top of my brain injured mind) 2 soldiers for 1000+ Palestinians.*

Why do we really give a sh*t about Israel? Seriously. Evangelicals of course support Israel because the Jeebus is coming back, but on a purely secular level, why do we spend so much time/energy/money on Israel? Is this just a military/security thing since FSM knows no one else in the Middle East is cozy with the US?

*edit: according to teh wikipedia
Over the last 30 years, Israel has released about 7,000 Palestinian prisoners to secure freedom for 19 Israelis and to retrieve the bodies of eight others. A number of diplomatic efforts have been made to secure the release of Israeli IDF personnel following their capture by enemy forces

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
...so is the algorithm that 1 Jewish life is worth 1,027 Palestinian lives?
As far as official Israeli state policy goes, yes. 1 joo = 40 dirkas

I am by no means a middle east expert, but why do you suggest that Palestine should accept no victory?
Because they are literally fighting tanks with rocks, and they die like 10/1 for every Israeli. The rest of the Arab world treats them like ****, just look at the closed egypt/ gaza boarder, and all the refugees in jordan the last 60 years still living in camps.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
it keeps darwin occupied...
True that, I've got friends in the IDF and have heard some retarded stories. 4 or 5 teens walking up to a patrol tossing some rocks, and not moving till a rifle butt made them.

Speaking of that, one of my closest friends just got discharged, and is on a plane back here right now.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
and rockets.
im not defending them, but they are fighting for what they believe in...granted, with less sophisticated arms
Those things are like ancient Chinese fireworks

The fact that they are fighting for what they believe in a totally different issue. They are getting killed by the thousands thanks to both sides screwing them. The Israeli's have committed humanitarian crime after another, and many officials should be put on trial. I actually completely support Palestinians actually having a state, it's just throwing rocks at tanks is the most retarded self destructive way to go about it.