Quantcast

11/30 upgrade issues ...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Why are all links in forum posts routed through the vaginalinks site? Or has it been like that forever? All I know, all links stopped working from me on my office PC (that blacklists a bunch of sites, including the vaginalinks I guess).

Lizard people suck.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
yea, I've all but stopped looking at :monkey: on my phone. not sure why the bouncing is still happening. but it's fine on my laptop running w10 and chrome.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
VigLink has been something we've been using for a long time now... I'm actually looking into whether we can strip a few things out of the site to streamline it and VigLink is on the table, but no promises.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
It takes over a minute sometimes for a page to load on wifi then when I click on a thread the thread title highlights in blue and then after waiting another minute or so for the page to load it's not even the thread I clicked on. Only RM does this on my phone no other web site is as slow and most have way more advertisements

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
It takes over a minute sometimes for a page to load on wifi then when I click on a thread the thread title highlights in blue and then after waiting another minute or so for the page to load it's not even the thread I clicked on. Only RM does this on my phone no other web site is as slow and most have way more advertisements
:stupid: same troubles

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
@cecil @Flo33 @StiHacka @rideit @johnbryanpeters @Nick

I upgraded the site today. It won't fix all of the issues, undoubtedly, since it was only a forum software/framework upgrade (with my own tweaks to help). It may help some of them, though, please provide your experience. I think the mobile site feels a lot better on my phone.

I've got a server update in the works as well, which should help more.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria

I upgraded the site today. It won't fix all of the issues, undoubtedly, since it was only a forum software/framework upgrade (with my own tweaks to help). It may help some of them, though, please provide your experience. I think the mobile site feels a lot better on my phone.

Seems to be better at a first glance. But I also changed my phone since last posting. I'm on a Nexus 5x with 7.1.1 dev preview now. Will also check on my N5 when I'm back home again.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head

My issues were hit and miss more often than not it works fine

Definitely feels better thank you