Quantcast

12,000+ foot ridable descent in WA!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Hooked you with that one, didn't I?

A few of us rode the Cascade Triple Crown Sunday. That's leaving from the Buck creek TH at the top of Skookum Flats at 6:15a.m. and riding up/down Crystal Mountain, then up Corral Pass/Down Palisades. Then, Up/Down Sun Top. That's 12,786 feet of climbing and about 55 miles in one day(11:45 hours for one of us...Not me). But, it's also that much in decending too!
I want to post a collage pic of Rainier from all 3 peaks. Trying to figure out how to do it.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Eboneee and Ivooooreeee.......

Can't you just feel the love?

(No baggies on that ride. For sure...)

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Personally, I think "Trailbikes" are excessive. Just go with a plain old xc bike. It makes descending very challenging.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Whoa Matty, back off. :D

Oly's just being "Oly".

(He's really a closet XC freak in a Speedmetal DH jersey...)

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Just 5 of us. But, it was a popular trail that day.

We were coming down from 12:30 until 2:30...

I've heard of others climbing it and it's supposed to be pretty good above the switchbacks. But, I dunno...

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Now you might have got Oly mad, he will probably come up to Bellingham and kick our a**** on a 32 pound bike at the Broken Spoke. I know how these things go I once challenged a smoker to a race only to finish 2nd and have him blowing smoke at me when I finished.

The triple crown has got to be pretty much like running a marathon in that you might only do something like that once in your life. Nice you guys made it back in one piece. I couldnt even go up and down a simple hill like Kachess without sprainig my knee.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
mattv2099 said:
go drink a beer, fat ass. if you don't like XC (because you are too weak, fat and lazy to ride uphill) then go away.
Oh Boy Do you got me pegged. I bet you dont like goatees as well. So who crapped in your cheetos this morning? I guess I wont be riding any XC with you cuz since im not man enough to climb 100% of the ride, im fat and lazy. BTW, go ride the shore for a day, then go do a 20 mile ride in the sun...... let me know how you do......

Also, whats wrong with drinking a beer? You say that like anyone who drinks beer is fat and lazy. I happen to know many an XC (or Trail) rider who partakes of the rotten water.
:nuts:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Borneo said:
Whoa Matty, back off. :D

Oly's just being "Oly".

(He's really a closet XC freak in a Speedmetal DH jersey...)
Someone is just mad that they cant fill out their lycra.....probably got made fun of by his fellow plum smugglers.

What can i say, i like to ride bikes, and sometimes the baddest Dh trails are ones you have to work to get to. :thumb:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Borregokid said:
Now you might have got Oly mad, he will probably come up to Bellingham and kick our a**** on a 32 pound bike at the Broken Spoke. I know how these things go I once challenged a smoker to a race only to finish 2nd and have him blowing smoke at me when I finished.
Nah, I would still loose im sure... I am fat and lazy. But who cares right?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
mattv2099 said:
go drink a beer, fat ass. if you don't like XC (because you are too weak, fat and lazy to ride uphill) then go away.
Oly could beat you up any ole hill climb any ole day. He'd just knock your silly ass out and throw your Cannondale in the bushes.

he does that to win DH races too.....

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Not to completely re-rail this thread to it's original intent.
But, I do believe that it's worth mentioning that one of the guys who did this ride could qualify for early retirement. He's 55....
(The youngest was 41.)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
Not to completely re-rail this thread to it's original intent.
But, I do believe that it's worth mentioning that one of the guys who did this ride could qualify for early retirement. He's 55....
(The youngest was 41.)
Sheesh old people these days..... :rolleyes: ;)

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
oly said:
Also, whats wrong with drinking a beer? You say that like anyone who drinks beer is fat and lazy. I happen to know many an XC (or Trail) rider who partakes of the rotten water.
:nuts:
Rotten water? How dare you... liquid gold is more like it