Quantcast

12 hour @ Hawridge

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Kicking around the idea of doin the 12 hour at Hawridge.Just got done doin a 12 hour this past Saturday.We did it as a two man team and while it was brutal we did end up gettin 3rd :D .Just wondering if any of you Tenn monkeys might be looking for a partner????Doug,Ben,other Doug???Well,huh........

Oh yeah,this is all contingent on these damn leg cramps goin away

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Good lord there is no way I can do that much XC riding. Can we have a 12 person team? Ben might be game on his single speed ARC. :devil:

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
It ain't that bad.I ended up doin 70 miles and got hit HARD with leg cramps between miles 50 and 60,other than that it wasn't bad.Next year they are doin it as a 24 hr race,that should be interesting.If i can't find a partner i may just roll it solo

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
profro said:
Good lord there is no way I can do that much XC riding. Can we have a 12 person team? Ben might be game on his single speed ARC. :devil:
Last season we each did 4 laps on a 3 person team so its not that bad (and we were gimped up too). Last time I rode w/ Ben on the arc was around '01 or '02...w/ gears and a mars and a heart rate monitor to keep himself slow on the hills at norris - the evolution of rams.
TJ: I'm pretty sure I'm spoken for as far as a team goes - same cats as last year. Just riding 1 hard lap against each other to see who is the fastest on the team, but mainly having fun and enjoying it.
Doug: there are really only a few sections you'd have to push (and 2 of them would really suck) but imagine comming down off of the top of ridge down to saddle and then down saddle all on the jump bike. That would be fun. There's a t-shirt in it too.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
4 laps! :eek: Whoah there fella. I was thinking two, maybe three. I think we should try to add a fourth. So we can keep the misery down and the fun up. ;)

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
profro said:
4 laps! :eek: Whoah there fella. I was thinking two, maybe three. I think we should try to add a fourth. So we can keep the misery down and the fun up. ;)
Four wasn't too bad - although the last lap did suck and I got passed comming down the backside of the hill of truth (that felt embarrassing). I had only been back on the bike for less than 2 weeks before last year's race and I didn't want to die or anything. But I think we'll run 4 people as well, just depends on if the buddie's wife will ride, or even let him ride.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Watch out for Tim Troutman-he is an XC animal.. !
Don't feel shattered if he passes you in a fast pace like it's nothing ..

I would have liked to race the 12hr for real--but i'll be outa town on vacation..
Have funnnnn & don't die :nope: :dead:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
52 miles solo on a single speed at haw ridge? you need some therapy not a beer. i told "T" today on the way to w.r. that i was thinking of you about 10p.m. last night out there mashing that one gear. his reply was "by then he was sittin back drinkin beer" i was giving you props and he was tellin it like is. i'm sure all ya'll had a blast.