Quantcast

>>12 hours to Fribeer 30 GMT<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Arrgg set the alarm a bit late. Coffee and a banana then ut the door. Slept like a brick after indulging in a marinated steak and a baked potato for a late dinner. Easy but busy day scheduled, Riding dirt and fishing all weekend. life be good.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

It's finally Friday! Seemed like this week would never end. It was my first full 5 day work week in well over a month. Gotta say I'm not really a fan.

Also, it's a balmy 21*F this morning. HEAT WAVE!!!!!!!!! :monkeydance:

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
that was quite the strong quick snow...

milling an egg shaped hole in a "diffuser tank" so pipe can be welded to it at a certain angle

i will also be doing the welding

*thinking about my low payrate :p

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

That's a uniform, pebbled layer of ice on our LEAF. (It normally lives in the garage when not being driven, as at the time of this photo, but I had a rehearsal last night, which is when the freezing water coated everything.)

In other news, Tamiflu makes me feel mildly nauseated. I, wife, and kid are all taking it, the first two at prophylactic dose and the latter at treatment dose, as said febrile kid had a nasal swab culture at the pediatrician's yesterday that came up positive for da influenza.

Update: Tamiflu makes me puke. Good news is that I felt better post-puke.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Doc called and cancelled my appointment. She rescheduled for April? She blamed it on the Flu. I told her I don't have the Flu. She said she will call me if anyone cancels.....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Slow Friday Morning Monkeys.

At least its Friday this time, damn. Company coffee at lunch, company holiday party on Saturday and my lady went all out. Got her 'do did, new dress, and booked us an overpriced room downtown so we have a place to crash. I know the party will be dead as I work with less than fun and/or exciting individuals. But she and I will have fun as we do anyways. I'm on the party committee so I have unlimited access to drink tickets. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Doc called and cancelled my appointment. She rescheduled for April? She blamed it on the Flu. I told her I don't have the Flu. She said she will call me if anyone cancels.....

They figured out your problem yet? I'm guessing you are just low on blinker fluid.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Slow Friday Morning Monkeys.

At least its Friday this time, damn. Company coffee at lunch, company holiday party on Saturday and my lady went all out. Got her 'do did, new dress, and booked us an overpriced room downtown so we have a place to crash. I know the party will be dead as I work with less than fun and/or exciting individuals. But she and I will have fun as we do anyways. I'm on the party committee so I have unlimited access to drink tickets. :D
party committee--->responsible for music---> blast Andrew W.K

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
party committee--->responsible for music---> blast Andrew W.K
OK, don't get me started on the music. My lady is pissed that it's the same DJ, but my company is mostly old people so the music was sh!t to begin with. I have a few dance tunes I will have him play because I will be on the floor.

This:

<edit> Wow, I've never seen that video, that's hilarious. I will enjoy dancing to it more now with that in my head. :rofl:

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So every quarter my company does something for a treat, this time it's a coffee cart making fancy coffee and smoothies and they hand out a Target gift card for anniversaries. While it's a nice gesture, one of the guys here has been here 27 years. 27 years with the same company is impressive and he is a company executive and sure he makes a healthy salary. Handing him a Target gift card worth $5 just seems odd to me, but as part of the party committee, my job this time was to butcher the names of the folks getting gift cards.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So every quarter my company does something for a treat, this time it's a coffee cart making fancy coffee and smoothies and they hand out a Target gift card for anniversaries. While it's a nice gesture, one of the guys here has been here 27 years. 27 years with the same company is impressive and he is a company executive and sure he makes a healthy salary. Handing him a Target gift card worth $5 just seems odd to me, but as part of the party committee, my job this time was to butcher the names of the folks getting gift cards.
i'd prefer the jelly of the month club

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
went for an xc ski last night. it felt good to get out on snow again. or get out at all really. I'm ready for winter to start! Hopefully I can get out with the boy on skis this weekend. And skating on the canal too. that would be nice.

btw, I remember a while back people here were discussing shipping large items. I have a buddy who wants to ride his motorcycle down to South America. Problem is, it's winter here now, and riding the bike anywhere ain't such a great idea. He's thinking of having it shipped somewhere warm, fly to it, and take off from there. We're in Ottawa, Canada. Anybody have any bright ideas what the cheapest way to do that would be? Also, I'm not sure where would be a good place to start - Atlanta maybe?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Vitamin B, blinker fluid, close enough. Hope they got fix for ya. The world needs your brand of whatever you are branding. Glittery waffles I'm guessing.
Glitter is heavier then waffle batter. I only suppose you can understand how disappointing that is.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Glitter is heavier then waffle batter. I only suppose you can understand how disappointing that is.
I think that some mica based glitter instead of the traditional glass based glitter could work. Although it is denser than the batter, the extraordinarily thin profile provides superior surface area to mass ratios. This will allow it to remain in suspension during normal cooking times. Basically how metal flake works in paint. One should be concerned with the edibility of glitter but fuck it. Unless your shitting glittery blood, put the pedal to the floor and keep chasing that fading horizon.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I think that some mica based glitter instead of the traditional glass based glitter could work. Although it is denser than the batter, the extraordinarily thin profile provides superior surface area to mass ratios. This will allow it to remain in suspension during normal cooking times. Basically how metal flake works in paint. One should be concerned with the edibility of glitter but fuck it. Unless your shitting glittery blood, put the pedal to the floor and keep chasing that fading horizon.
Strangely you understand. I feel a bit awkward about that.