Quantcast

12 mm dropouts?

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
I just picked up a BMW BMX frame/fork. and the fork has frickin 12mm dropouts....crazyness...and now i have my newly built up wheel ready ot go on it, but its a 14mm!...
BMW said i could shave the dropouts, but i just started the process with a file...and its a bitch...the steel is mad hard...
ill try and pick up a dremel tomorow and see if i can do some real damage....
anybody ever run into this? i didnt even know they made 12mm hubs...

also, for selling bmx stuff, do you guys just use the buy/sell? or is there somewhere else better for BMX? i dont want to spam so i wont say what im sellin...

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
That sucks man, i think it would be best to sell it but its hard to sell some thing like that just after you get it i would said you sould some reach. sorry aboput that.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
WARNING!

only gring either the front or back of each side!
I have seen way to many people gring both the front and back of both sides and the wheels sits all bent-cock in the fork or frame.

I just don't want to see a pissed of BMX dude with a brand new uslessfork.:D

Dirty

Aug 3, 2003
yeah, i talked to brooklyn and they said it was alright, just stay on the bottom side....so i took a grinder dremel to it and got my wheel in, looks straight...

sooo...about selling bmx stuff in general...whers a good place online?

Sep 17, 2003
hows that bmw bike ride?
Ive been scoping for a steel rig..do you have a rigid fork as well?
there website does not give enough info or eye candy.

Dirty

Aug 3, 2003
i dont really refer to bmx bikes as rig...rigs to me have at least 24" wheels and a suspension fork.

ive got the brooklyn BMX frame/stem/brake/fork.
just finished it yesterday. rides real nice, brakes are super strong. Ill get pics up tomorrow.

i wanna get me a park bike to match...just gotta get soembody to buy my le toy....