Quantcast

12 month long drop in world temperatures wipes out a 100 years of warming!

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Ow you beat me to my edit. I thought it was TOO Offensive & didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings & was going to tone that down a bit w/o the middle finger & Prius thing.. But you guys are so fast to reply with quote,guess it will be there forever.
Too bad.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Ow you beat me to my edit. I thought it was TOO Offensive & didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings & was going to tone that down a bit w/o the middle finger & Prius thing.. But you guys are so fast to reply with quote,guess it will be there forever.
Too bad.
yes, i would say that is quite offensive to yourself. peeling out and trying to act all 80s has officially left your sexuality in question.

:D

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
So... now let me get this straight... the report says the world will cool down this year, BUT, this global cooling has nada to do with global climate change?

:monkey:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=557209&in_page_id=1770

2008: The year the world will cool down

The world will experience global cooling this year, according a leading climate scientist.

However, the World Meteorological Organisation insists that this year's cooling has nothing to do with global climate change.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Global Warming McCarthyism...

http://blogs.usatoday.com/weather/2008/04/expert-were-bra.html

William Gray, the well-known Colorado State University hurricane forecaster, routinely uses the annual National Hurricane Conference as a platform to bash global warming. In a statement to Florida Today, Gray argued that the scientific consensus on global warming is bogus — and "a mild form of McCarthyism has developed toward those scientists who do not agree" that mankind is in danger.

"We are also brainwashing our children on the warming topic. We have no better example than Al Gore's alarmists and inaccurate movie which is being shown in our schools and being hawked by warming activists with little or no meteorological-climate background," Gray wrote.

Some scientists believe global warming will actually decrease — not increase — the number of hurricanes that form over the Atlantic Ocean each year.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
the caveats in this biased bit of reporting are hilarious..

Bottomline temps are dropping..

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aU.evtnk6DPo&refer=worldwide

Average temperatures in areas such as California and France may drop over the next 10 years, influenced by colder flows in the North Atlantic, said a report today by the institution based in Kiel, Germany. Temperatures worldwide may stabilize in the period.

The study was based on sea-surface temperatures of currents that move heat around the world, and vary from decade to decade. This regional cooling effect may temporarily neutralize the long- term warming phenomenon caused by heat-trapping greenhouse gases building up around the earth, said Richard Wood, a research scientist at the Met Office Hadley Centre, a U.K. provider of environmental and weather-related services.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Sigh, I look forward to a day in ten or twenty years when someone says, "Hey, whatever happened to all of that global warming hubub? I guess it was just a natural earth cycle after all, just like the (real) scientists said."

(As opposed to the 2,500 global warming "panelists", only a few of which have any actual scientific background.)

I'm 110% for cleaning up the planet, but I don't appreciate being lied to just to scare the masses enough that they'll get on board.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Sigh, I look forward to a day in ten or twenty years when someone says, "Hey, whatever happened to all of that global warming hubub? I guess it was just a natural earth cycle after all, just like the (real) scientists said."

(As opposed to the 2,500 global warming "panelists", only a few of which have any actual scientific background.)

I'm 110% for cleaning up the planet, but I don't appreciate being lied to just to scare the masses enough that they'll get on board.
The latest theory to combat manmade global warming is flare-ups of sun spots.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stupid scientists... what do they know..

:p

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24036736-7583,00.html

So far that debate has just consisted of a simple sleight of hand: show evidence of global warming, and while the audience is stunned at the implications, simply assert that it is due to carbon emissions.

In the minds of the audience, the evidence that global warming has occurred becomes conflated with the alleged cause, and the audience hasn't noticed that the cause was merely asserted, not proved.

If there really was any evidence that carbon emissions caused global warming, don't you think we would have heard all about it ad nauseam by now?