Quantcast

120MM BSA Crankset

splat

Nam I am
I ordered a New Custom fat Bike frame From Greys Bicycles. I ordered it with a 100 MM BSA , while assembling the Bike I discovers it has a 120 MM BB Now My SRAM DUB eagle crankset will not fit through , nothing in the eagle line is 120 MM . So I talked with Greys Bikes and they are going to replace the frame.

now I'm curious, does anyone make a 120 MM BSA crankset that will work with 1X12 ?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
is the chainline requirement any different for 12 spd vs 11 spd? most modern 1x cranks work with both i believe, it's the chainring that is gearing specific.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
most modern cranks use direct mount chainrings, so it should be a moot point as long as you find the spindle diameter and width you're after.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
What is the sram 12 compared to Shimano 12?

Wolftooth has Shimano 12 rings, but not seeing a sram version.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I thought Race face was owned by Sram ?
lol wut? race face bought easton about half a decade ago, and they were both then acquired by Fox Factory (the suspension business) less than a year later.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Race Face does make em. I have an Aeffect crank on my fat bike, so that I could continue to use the 24mm spindle BB. It works, but has no bearing preload nut thing so you end up just cranking her on and if you need to take it off, you need a crank puller.

Looks like they also have Next R and Turbine cranks in fatttyfat sizes, though oddly their website is lacking any information on them.

splat

Nam I am
lol wut? race face bought easton about half a decade ago, and they were both then acquired by Fox Factory (the suspension business) less than a year later.
thank you I was mis informed

Looks like they also have Next R and Turbine cranks in fatttyfat sizes, though oddly their website is lacking any information on them.
That's what i found too.