Quantcast

123 Bikes?

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Do any of you monkey's know what happened to 123bikes.com? Maybe a name change or a buy out, or something. I can google 123wheels.com but no 123bikes.com. Just curious, I bought a bike and fork from them a couple of years ago.

J

JRB

Were they around Tahoe??? I bought some tires from them once. Good enough service. I thought I read they were in Nevada around Tahoe or Carson City.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
They were located in South Lake Tahoe, Nevada. They were super cool guys, and they gave me an amazing deal on my first big hit bike.

J

JRB

Was the local shop a different name? I hit all of the shops 2 years ago, I thought, and didn't go to 123.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think they closed. A friend told me they shut their doors with friends bikes inside.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I think they may be close too - I think they also screwed a lot of people over in the process. Maybe Mtbr.com would be a better source of info as I think I recall several pissed people over there who got treated like crap by 123 bikes.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
BUCKET said:
Do any of you monkey's know what happened to 123bikes.com?

Rumor is they are out of business. I forgot a lot of the details but there are a lot of very pissed off people over on MTBR.com . Supposedly they just closed their doors one day and left a lot of people without deilvering the goods they paid for.

I bought a bike from them back in 2001 and found wile the owner Dave was a pain in the ass to deal with, he got my bike delivered at a great price and in time for an important vacation. He even ate the extra shipping charges to get it to me on time.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Salami said:
Rumor is they are out of business. I forgot a lot of the details but there are a lot of very pissed off people over on MTBR.com . Supposedly they just closed their doors one day and left a lot of people without deilvering the goods they paid for.

I bought a bike from them back in 2001 and found wile the owner Dave was a pain in the ass to deal with, he got my bike delivered at a great price and in time for an important vacation. He even ate the extra shipping charges to get it to me on time.
Yes he was a pain in the ass, I think Dave and the employees stayed high and drunk most of the day, well, atleast when I used to call the shop after hours they were. I'm pretty sure they started long before the shop closed, I called during the day one time, and he was blasted.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Hmm, interesting. I bought some hope brakes from them a few years ago. I called on a Thursday and was hoping to get them for that weekend (I'm in SF). The owner (might have been Dave, not sure) actually DELIVERED them to me in SF for no extra charge, said he had to be there for something else. That was some great service.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
OGRipper said:
Hmm, interesting. I bought some hope brakes from them a few years ago. I called on a Thursday and was hoping to get them for that weekend (I'm in SF). The owner (might have been Dave, not sure) actually DELIVERED them to me in SF for no extra charge, said he had to be there for something else. That was some great service.
Yeah, I never had a problem with the service. I got a complete FOES Fly for $2800 plus an Intense gear bag, and some pine cones (don't ask) at no extra charge. The parts list on the Fly were damn good too, not some cheap stuff. Last year I bought a 888R fork for $799 from them, which I thought was a pretty good deal.

Anyway, I did a search at mtbr.com, and seems that Dave and the gang must have ripped a whole lot of people off before he dissappeared. There's some pretty pissed off individuals over at the mtbr forum. Just glad I wasn't one of them.