Quantcast

12345 Tuesday 54321

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
In more workplace awkwardness....I was just walking down the hallway, and myself and what I thought was my short, Asian coworker Amy approached a blind corner at the same time (both with masks). As soon as I saw her, I said "Hi Amy!"....only to realize 1/2 way through saying it, it wasn't Amy. The good news is, I happen to be dressed fancy with a long sleeve shirt on, so most of my face and my dead giveaway sleeve are concealed. Hoping that's enough to never been identified again.

\fuckingawkward.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
In more workplace awkwardness....I was just walking down the hallway, and myself and what I thought was my short, Asian coworker Amy approached a blind corner at the same time (both with masks). As soon as I saw her, I said "Hi Amy!"....only to realize 1/2 way through saying it, it wasn't Amy. The good news is, I happen to be dressed fancy with a long sleeve shirt on, so most of my face and my dead giveaway sleeve are concealed. Hoping that's enough to never been identified again.

\fuckingawkward.
definitely time to get drunk.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

\fuckingawkward.
#stopasianhate

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nano-bot injection later today. I look forward to the existential release that being under the command of Bill Gates will bring.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Hate my life. Working overtime every week is getting old.

But,

Paid off two credit cards finally and got my HT bike back together.

Also this Friday I have a Covid shot scheduled.

So I should be happy.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
mostly not working...
took the 11yo to ride a relatively easy nearby trail. had a good time. was surprised he didn't want to spend more time at the little jumplines in the middle of the system, but stoked he liked the trailriding part. he tried my wife's old spesh hardrock, which i need to 1x and narrow-wide at some point.
lunchbeer now. gotta get shit packed to head to the beach tonight. le meh.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just stop working at 40 hours. :homer:
That's what I do. But I pull the ADA card. Stress causes seizures. Giving me work load greater than can be accomplished in a normal work week causes me stress because I'm not getting time to unwind, which leads to potential seizures. ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Although there are moments that require superhuman/inhuman time and effort at my job, I get paid for overtime. My company has zero interest in paying me OT so I am not allowed to work more than 40 hours a week. As I no longer work in the factory I don't see myself having to work OT for the near future.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So this is killer, we are staying at a (Peruvian) 'five star' hotel in Macchu Picchu for the night. It is the only hotel we have stayed at the whole trip. It is owned by the son of one of my great friends. He offered to comp us a room, but I said no, we wanted to support the collapsed tourist economy...we got here and he comped it anyway.
Sweet!

JFC, this place has electric towel warmers in the bathroom. Towel warmers.
and it’s not really cold here.
Woo would absolutely LOVE it.

I mean, I guess they dry the towels a little, too?

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
If you're good at what you do, and I suspect that you are, they may do some initial complaining about a 40 hour limit, but they're not going to let you go because good people are hard to find.
The reality is, everyone is replaceable, and many managers (all my managers ever) judge people by how many hours they clock in every day. And since everyone plays along, sticking out like a sore thumb ... is suboptimal for your career. I refuse (mostly) to work on weekends without compensation but my wife got badly bullied and her career got stalled because she refused to do free weekend shifts.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode on my white cracke(r|d) frame. Was fun, will be sad to see it dispatched to crabon heaven. SC agrees this is a failure covered by warranty, but since they have no spare frames left, I am given head-scratching options instead. Le fuq.