Quantcast

12hrs of Dirt...Warda, TX...some pictures

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Did some support this weekend at a 12hr race. Some pictures I shot will follow...

My neighbors:

Sleeping quarters...inside the van:

It was tight in there...and I couldn't stop shivering:

After freezing Friday night, woke up early the next morn. These guys were ready for breakfast:

Steaming pile of ****:

Let the games begin...after this guys first lap, shifter cable breaks in his XO grip shifter...total pain to get out:

Then I see this:

Then I see the lower shock bolt had backed out and the nut was missing...fixed it with a brake caliper bolt:

Ending up riding his friend's bike, and got 2nd in the solo class. Not bad.

This broke his Egg Beater...so I let him use mine for the remainder of the race:

Another solo rider came up to me saying his Avid Ultimate wasn't working. Apparently the pivot bushing thing that holds the lever into the body had fallen out. Stuck this in there and voila...properly functioning Avid Ultimate:

I tried getting a picture of Ton, but that dude was too fast. Still sporting Heidi's Kings, and a Titus jersey:

There were more issues, but these were the most exciting. It was so much fun. Look forward to my next outing.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Nice, looks like a good time, How you like those shimano wheels on that bike you were sleeping with?
They're solid...a little portly, but solid. No freehub issues like on the XTRs. The bearings aren't as smooth as XTRs, either...but at $550 retail, hard to beat.