Quantcast

12xu

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I knew by the title of the thread who it would be.

Geezers rule.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stalker alert! the 'dude comes out of the woodwork!

Oh Noes!!!!11!11
http://www.youtube.com/v/qJzMKSJh36A&hl=en&fs=1

considering how much you hype these guys, up,
I was disappointed when i saw their stuff...
well this was about the extent of my hype up, unless i wrote something else about 'em earlier.
Wire still rocks. great show.

it's geezer music, you wouldn't understand. :D

seriously, listen to _Pink Flag_ in the context of of 1977...ground-breaking stuff, still vital.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ground-breaking stuff
groundbreaking in today's music...tight jeans on guys, sleeve tatoos, guaged ears, and guys wearing eyeliner screaming sh**ty lyrics.

don't waste the time.

he'll never understand.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
groundbreaking in today's music...tight jeans on guys, sleeve tatoos, guaged ears, and guys wearing eyeliner screaming sh**ty lyrics.

don't waste the time.

he'll never understand.
You fail to see the points I am trying to make since you have NO IDEA what my musical tastes are outside of the ten or so bands I have mentioned on this site.

B for effort but for execution you get a FAIL

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You fail to see the points I am trying to make since you have NO IDEA what my musical tastes are outside of the ten or so bands I have mentioned on this site.

B for effort but for execution you get a FAIL
I've read this amazingly short thread 3 times to try and see if you've made a point. All you've done is express an opinion.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
give him some fentanyl and he will understand. works everytime...after you puke the goodtimes start to roll in on waves....just don't ever let your mom or one of her friends catch you begging for change at the park street T station.... ditch your skateboard if the MBTA police start walking towards you as they will most certainly beat you with it...

Last edited:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder

well if we have no idea, then spark up some topics. i love talking about music!

btw, i checked out the Wire YT vid you put up and you are right, that wasn't their shining moment. however, pretty much any band's crappy bitrate youtube vid will pale against the blood and sweat of a live performance, i'm sure you will agree.

anyway, here's side 1 of their debut

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I have been diggin' on some of this lately.

Picked up his live at birdland cd and I was impressed to say the least.