Quantcast

135x12 Thru axle hubs... why can't I find any

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Building an older DH frame (2009 Transition Blindside) on a budget and I can't find a rear wheel that'll fit. Should I just find a cheap used wheelset and rebuild with the right hub if I can find one? Or is there a way to make a 142x12 work? Options?

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Yeah I know but everything I find is either out of stock or stupid expensive. I was hoping to find something used because I'm on a tight budget to get this build rideable quick. And I still have to buy a DC fork and good brakes

LAP

Chimp
Mar 5, 2016
Hope Pro 2 (evo or non-evo) should be easy to find and adapt to 12X135. Plus, it'll give you the option of keeping the hub if/when you'll change your frameset.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I might actually have a Hadley. Pretty sure it's 12x135. Has a bolt broke off in one of the rotor mounting holes, but fine other than that AFAIK. Got it from a buddy but haven't used it. You can have it if you want it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I might actually have a Hadley. Pretty sure it's 12x135. Has a bolt broke off in one of the rotor mounting holes, but fine other than that AFAIK. Got it from a buddy but haven't used it. You can have it if you want it.
If he doesn't want that I'd be happy to take that off your hands. I have this terrible feeling the rear wheel on my bike has a countdown to impending doom and the counter is pretty low...