Quantcast

13th Annual 24 Hours of Allamuchy

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Hmm

you raced there before? whats the course like? how much climbing?

is this a just for fun or going for podium kind of team?

douglas said:
Hmm

you raced there before? whats the course like? how much climbing?

is this a just for fun or going for podium kind of team?
If I do it, this would be my 1st race. I researched the race quite a bit over the years and it attracts competitors from all over the nation including the best of the best of 24hour racers. It also serves for the novice and intermediate as well and 1st timers as well. I never raced before but would love to try this thing. Been talking about it now for 3 years but can't get anyone around here to do it with me. I wanted to do it for the experience of doing a 24 hour race. I ride hard and I'm competitive but I'm also not going to kid myself or anyone else, I am nowhere near the caliber of rider that it would take to win one of these things or even place in the top 10. If you are looking to win then it isn’t going to happen with me on your team. I'd ruin your time.
My team would be for fun and personnel satisfaction that we came, we saw and we conquered a 24 hour race and didn't come in last.

Oh and regarding the climbing, I haven't any idea but I can tell you this. If it took you an 90 minutes to do a lap then that's fine. If it takes you longer that's fine too. Like I said, I'm not looking to win just to do it and finish and hopefully not come in last. I hate last. Last is bad.
If it were down to the wire and the guy riding next to me was neck in neck as we approached the finish line and it was the difference between finishing last or second to last, I'd kick the bitch of his bike to come in 2nd to last. hahaha. Just kidding of course but I'd probably be thinking it. lol

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
firestorm said:
Ohhhh Thanks for teasing me!! Give me the name of the groom and I'm sure I can get that wedding called off real easy. One night out with some of us Ridemonkeys and that bitch will be divorced the day before his wedding and you can ride with me!! hahaha:mumble:
:nope: ;) I love the groom and his bride to be so I couldn't possibly!