Quantcast

14,000 Uses For Salt

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Salt rules. I never used to ever use salt until I started riding a lot. During the summer I sweat so much I need to add more salt to my diet and crave it. I use sea salt as it has other vital electrolytes other than sodium.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Salt rules. I never used to ever use salt until I started riding a lot. During the summer I sweat so much I need to add more salt to my diet and crave it. I use sea salt as it has other vital electrolytes other than sodium.
A roadie I work with eats the stuff constantly and a downhiller buddy carries a little bottle with him and does the same.

We have lunch from local restaurants brought into the office everyday, so I figure I get enough.

i LOVE it, but doesnt it raise your blood pressure? probably only in mass quantities, but with how much I eat, i'm starting to watch it... still awesome though...
i'll go order a large thing of fries from Carls Junior, just to find a way to enjoy rubbing the salt on my insanely cracked lips... its an awesome healer...
i'll go out and surf for a few hours and hen i get back in, any scabs, etc. will have huge signs of healing...
awesome stuff

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
If you prepare your own food, you'll have about 1/4 of the sodium that comes in restaurant food [that is, regular restaurants - not the fancy-schmancy 4-star joints] - or even less.

To say you won't use salt at all in your cooking - well, that's just an extreme viewpoint. [btw - try baking your own bread without any salt - no thanks!]

However, I know a lot of people who use semi-prepared foods in their cooking [canned beans, etc] and some of these have a LOT of sodium added.

If you cut ALL the salt out of your diet, I think you would die in less than a week.

Balance and Knowledge!

But, to put it in perspective - there are no salt shakers on any table I serve on and I only use a pinch-by-pinch basis of kosher.

*also - 'salt to taste' - doesn't mean 'add salt until you taste it' - it means add salt until the other ingredients can be tasted properly...

:)