Quantcast

140mm rotor on Evil DOC?

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
Anyone know off hand? I could just wait for a rotor to find out but I would rather know ahead of time.

Last edited:

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
I am going to go Elixir CR lever to old code caliper. I want clearance, more than a 160mm rotor. A 140mm rotor would dictate less braking just more clearance. One brake SS is how it'll be unless i decided to ride it slalom...

So i guess the initial question still stands, and if no one knows, I will just have to find our for myself.

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
OKAY i know that the caliper will fit the adapter, my question is will that assembly fit the IS51 mounts with room for the caliper to clear the space in between the two holes.

although you are correct as far as the adapters go.

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
no big, I guess I will just be doing a build up on this once I have everything set-up...

I want power but with a small rotor hence the 4pot brakes, and 140mm rotor.

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
I've been running 140 with an Elixir for two years. Zero complaints. Do it.
but what I am trying to do is use it with a code caliper....

You should build a berm that points you back in the right direction.

Either that or quit using cardboard brake pads.
lol

once I get the DOC, I am going to do a build up I am going to try out some stuff on it (140mm rotor with codes dremel out the dropouts maybe), that I am not sure if it has or hasn't been built with before

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
I do not see why you cannot...the 2010 Speshy Demo8 and 2010 Mongoose Boot'r both have this config.
these bikes use a much different dropout system than the evils do..

Well I am using a juicy 3. Does that mean I am doing it wrong? Because I has a elixer caliper I can rig up to it.
nope... don't get your feelings hurt.

My build kit will be here right after thanksgiving, frame should be back from powdercoat round the same time, still haven't figured out a color for it.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
this is the most confusing thread I have ever read...

Jarrod...I know you can get a 140mm mount (the road bb7 uses it)...Just source out that adapter (not sure if it is the same as a 160) your code will bolt right to it.

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
its not the mounting that I am worried about so much as the clearance of the caliper when mounted to the frame...

so the clearance of the caliper to the frame not so much whether or not the caliper can be bolted to the adapter...

confusing is fun...

I have three 140mm rotor coming

g2 g3 g3xx

to see which one has the best contact on the old code caliper, they are all slightly different.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
its not the mounting that I am worried about so much as the clearance of the caliper when mounted to the frame...

so the clearance of the caliper to the frame not so much whether or not the caliper can be bolted to the adapter...

confusing is fun...

I have three 140mm rotor coming

g2 g3 g3xx

to see which one has the best contact on the old code caliper, they are all slightly different.

Are you trying to say "I think the code caliper is going to have issues on a 4 inch rotor mount because that caliper is meant for a 7-8 inch rotor adapter." If so, then you should not worry. It should work.