Quantcast

$15 Lift Tix Vertical Earth Gravity Park at Blue Mtn

Jun 4, 2009
11am - 8pm Lift Access !!!!
$15 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fathers Day Festival Come Ride your bike with the whole family or just take the day to rip the trails. We'll have all 7 trails open including our DS track along with mechanical bull riding, amusements, music, classic car show, motorcycles, chainsaw competitions, beer, etc!
Trail Map and Brochure can be downloaded from the website
http://verticalearthpa.com

Attachments

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2009
Sunday was a freaking great day. To start the day at 6:30 am it was rain slightly at the top of the mountain. I said to myself " it is what it is " to try and keep the sanity with mother nature's gift the last few weeks. The forecast the night before at 1:00 am was 70% chance of rain, mostly in the morning. As the morning continued the rain tapered off the tape went up, and suddenly it looked like it might just stop raining. The Vertical Earth crew showed up ready to put on their first debut to the open public. By the time they finished grooming the trails the line was 30 deep. Not to mention I'm seeing a different crowd of riders. The crew got back to the base and the line was longer. I couldn't believe the turnout with the forecast we had. The VE crew went up found the new riders and put tours on all day. I know George, Chris Hecki, Smiley, Fletcher, etc., took multiple groups down the mountain to give mountain tours to our new guests which seemed to go over very well. The Roncas were rolling fixing and tuning bikes that were fresh to this type of terrain. THX guys for being there and putting on a great show.

To sum up the past few months I can't express the thx to all who have come up to be part of this project. In the beginning of the season there were multiple groups of riders from different places. Not everyone knew each other and funny enough it was very noticeable the different clicks. For me, I know most of the riders and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't just one big party. My fiance mentioned to me over the weekend, she noticed how some people now embrace one another when they see each other. This whole adventure has been a roller coaster with the hands up at all times. The most rewarding experience for me is to see the new friendships, stories, good times, etc., that has been a result of the Vertical Earth movement. Of course there are some speed bumps along the way but ultimately they are " speed bumps. " As a result it looks like a mountain bike park in our back yards is about to open. The fine details of course are being figured out but the mountain is very excited and I feel very comfortable letting everyone know that it looks like a go ! The rider count was 218 with a not so favorable forecast. Big THX to all the riders for putting on a good impression to the mountain. Riders were pleasant, clean, patient, and very friendly showing what the sport is all about. The future looks very bright to bring the best mountain bike experience for all riders with lift access here within an hour for most. The next race is July 31st - Aug 2nd. Stay tuned for more details to roll out.:pleasantry:

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Great to hear it. YOu are doing a fine job. Make sure you get all the speed bumps out of the way before you get married and have kids because families are time vacuums, but good times vacuums!

Keep us posted on the next riding day. cheerd!

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
I had a blast at Blue last weekend. That is so awesome to hear another lift access park (within 45 min from me) That mountain has a LOT of potential. Especially if the people who cut the existing trails keep up their work. You guys know where its at!

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
we had a great time there as well. there was a good vibe going on at that place that day, and it started with the verticle earth guys. you guys have built some top notch dh trails, keep it up, and thanks. if there are any trail building days, post em up, as i would love to help, im sure many others would too.

Hey VerticleEarth....was it you...or another VE guy that was in my shop today...on the west coast visiting family with your lady??

Small word....I haven't posted on RM for a while, and tonight I jump on to kill some time and see your posts. Good stuff.

Keep up the hard work you guys are putting into making this hill go off!

Jun 4, 2009
Hey there, thx for the good words everyone. Yes, that was me on the west coast, small world man ! Good things on the way up at Blue. We've got some great stuff we're going to roll out in August in September. THX everyone again for the great comments and hope to see you at the next VES race July 31 - Aug 2nd. :headbang: