Quantcast

15mm adapters for Profile 20mm hubs?

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
So Profile doesn't have anything. Thoughts, guys? Is there another companies adapters that would work?

I feel like someone should have some sort of frame of reference on this subject, am I the only one dealing with it (or am I the only one who doesn't want to get a new ft wheel)

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
i'm not familiar with who makes adapters for who. i would try a machinist. maybe greg melms or someone in your town. checkout Zodiac Eng. Ken does amazing work. he counter-bored my stem and machined my compression cap to sit flush on my bmx. check the products on the site. they do drive side and non d/s ti ratchet collars so i would guess he could knock you out some one off adapters for your 20mm profile.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Looks like Hope makes them for their hubs, you may be able to mod them to work. . . http://cgi.ebay.com/Hope-Pro-2-Ft-Hub-Converter-QR-Bolt-15QR-20mm-24mm-/230498072433?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35aac17771

Or if you have a local bearing shop you could find bearings to match your hub but with a 15mm I.D. and fab some new bearing covers to get you to the axel spacing you need.

Very doable, depending on the tools you have access to and the time you want to spend on the project.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Thanks guys. I put an email into Zodiac, and I was kinda wondering about the Hope ones, if they are the same or slightly larger I could handle shaving them down a little. I'll do some hunting around with the machine shops around here as well, once I have the fork in my hands that might help as well (which will be next week).

I was just looking for an easy fix, but I can be patient with this project.