Quantcast

16 inchers

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
i want a 16" bmx, but i dont know if it will stand up. i weight 160 and am 6 feet tall, and i can whip the small bikes around like there is no tomorrow. so i will get one. but whcih?

aznfreerdr08

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Concord, CA
my friend has a free agent 16" called the lil hombre. when he messes around on that thing, its crazy. he has hit like curved wallrides, decent sized doubles, and drops(like 5 feet). that bike withstands a lot of abuse. but i still dont know how you would ride it, im like 5' 8" and always felt extremely uncomfortable and unstable on those damn things.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
nah. i was cruising arouind on one for 3 hours today, and the only things i would change are to full size bars, and longer crankarms.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
boostindoubles said:
16 inchers are for little kids, but i suppose if its fun and you have the money to blow, go for it!
have you ridden one? i can spin 360s on flat ground with one of thise babys. just imagine the possibilties while airborne!

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
16" bikes are the best. I mess around on my sister's all the time. These guys built a pump course in a feild a while back near my house and left a bunch of beat little-kid bikes next to it, so I rode there once and had a blast riding.

To answer your question, there are lots of 16" bikes that can handle big people. 16" is a valid class in BMX racing too. This little kid I know has a Haro 16" BMX that cost around $100 and is burly. I'm 6', 170 and it's held up so far.