Quantcast

@#%^!#$&!!!!!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
[rant] Muthafocker!!! :rant: Was just installing a new set of 2.5 Nevegals w/ regular tires levers, snapped one of the levers in half and popped the tube! Goddamit!!!! :shakefist: [/rant]

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
lol..hire someone who knows what they're doing...how the hell do you pop a tube not using metal tire levers :D

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
...but seriously, here's what ya do:

soap the bead, stretch the tire as much as possible, don't use tire levers, make sure the tube is well set into the tire, borrow "the force" from Elevate (or from me)- Park Tool for tire installation that WILL not pinch the tube and had leverage!

You know my plight - took 3 people 2 hours to mount my Nevegals on my rims! I prayed for no flats last season!

EDIT: and these 3 people were seasoned shop mechanics!

EDIT#2: do a search in the DH forum on Nevegal installation, you and I are not the only ones with this problem!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I know the feeling. I got a new road bike a few months ago and wanted to replace the race-oriented Hutchinson tires with my flat-proof Specialized Armadillos. Sonofabitch, it must've taken me at least 1.5 hours and 4 patches before the job was done.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Bwahaha...not. :rolleyes:

I have mounted Nevegals on Singletracks, Chargers, Str8Tracks, MTX's before without issue, but for some reason these Outlaws are giving me issues. I'm sure with a longer/metal lever I would have been fine. I would have done it with my manly bare hands, but I just got my nails done.... :twitch:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Bwahaha...not. :rolleyes:

I have mounted Nevegals on Singletracks, Chargers, Str8Tracks, MTX's before without issue, but for some reason these Outlaws are giving me issues. I'm sure with a longer/metal lever I would have been fine. I would have done it with my manly bare hands, but I just got my nails done.... :twitch:
Last year, there were some 'defective' Nevegals that came out - I couldn't mount them on my 6.1's nor my Outlaws...Batts (for those who don't know him, the Elevate Team manager) got to return them to Kenda....maybe you got one of those?

EDIT: Maxxis!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Last year, there were some 'defective' Nevegals that came out - I couldn't mount them on my 6.1's nor my Outlaws...Batts (for those who don't know him, the Elevate Team manager) got to return them to Kenda....maybe you got one of those?
Maybe? I got it mounted, but in the process I snapped one lever and the pointy end in turn must have put a hole in the tube. So now I've got to get the damn thing back off to patch the tube. I probably take both wheels to the shop tomorrow and save myself from snapping the rest of my levers... :imstupid:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Maybe? I got it mounted, but in the process I snapped one lever and the pointy end in turn must have put a whole in the tube. So now I've got to get the damn thing back off to patch the tube. I probably take both wheels to the ship tomorrow and save myself from snapping the rest of my lever... :imstupid:

Chris has one of those Pedro's extended tire mounts, works well!