Quantcast

1st Canada Cup report

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Well i just got back i was worried at first cause i had just gotten a cold the day before and didn't feel the way i should at all. I also thought the coarse was the same as last week but everything was different and i didn't preride the coarse. I had planned to go the day before and stay over night but I thooght it would be better to just go in the morning because it was only 1:45 hour drive.
So without preriding it and having the starting of a cold a managed to finish in 17th which i'm really happy with some guy from Alberta beat me. Why would you fly from alberta to here. :rolleyes:
The course was the worst course was terrible it's like the just started taping these crasy paths for the first part.

Heytouebenca tu est vraiment francais;) Je pense tu est capable de parle englais parce que tu ecrit tres bon en englais ici. Pas comme moi je sais que mes ecrit en francais et mal.

Qu'es que fait avec ta velo j'ai regarde toi avec un problem avec ton "wheel" est que tu fini la course?.

La course c'etait toutr different que la semaine passe et j'avais beaucoup difficulte dans ma premiere tour.

Ecrit en francais ci c'est plus simple pour toi.:)

JMAC, I can speak english but like every quebecer, we got a lot more written practice. I can understand it well but I'm always looking for my words when comes the time to speak.

After a half lap, I've lost pressure in my rear wheel. So, I decided to put a tube. Also, on an idiot crash I've bent my rotor by at least 5mm. So it was a pain in the @ss to pedal the bike. My rear brake could not work after that, so I had only a front brake. It was really unpleasant to descend every switchback without a rear brake and hard to climb hills with my rotor that was evealy rubbing on my pads. So I decided to take my time and get my points at the end.

Before all this, I was 8th and first fifteen year old. Also, I've got 6 surgical points (points de suture) on my right knee and I will not ride for 10 days... I hope I'll be ready for Tremblant.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by Heytouekutbenca
JMAC, I can speak english but like every quebecer, we got a lot more written practice. I can understand it well but I'm always looking for my words when comes the time to speak.

After a half lap, I've lost pressure in my rear wheel. So, I decided to put a tube. Also, on an idiot crash I've bent my rotor by at least 5mm. So it was a pain in the @ss to pedal the bike. My rear brake could not work after that, so I had only a front brake. It was really unpleasant to descend every switchback without a rear brake and hard to climb hills with my rotor that was evealy rubbing on my pads. So I decided to take my time and get my points at the end.

Before all this, I was 8th and first fifteen year old. Also, I've got 6 surgical points (points de suture) on my right knee and I will not ride for 10 days... I hope I'll be ready for Tremblant.
No **** eh were you in that crash right at the start those idiot went in the post? My start was really bad cause i started off slow cause i thought it was going to be a climb rihght away. I like to start further back and just work my way up front. But my first lap i got so far back cause i didn't know anything on the course.

There's was alot of bad crashes i saw one guy on a stretcher in a neck brace.

I know what you mean about speaking in english it's like speaking french for me it just takes awhile for the words to come when you're writing you can stop and think but not when you're talking.

Are you going to Baie St-Paul next weekend?
I'm leaving on Friday and plan to do both races the Coupe Charlevoix on Saterday and the Coupe Quebec on sunday.

Were did you crash?

I saw the guy also, I was at the first aid station at the same time. I can't go to baie-st-paul, I have no way to go there (my parents are not backing me too much...) and I can't ride or run for another 10 days. I can't even shower for the next 48 hours (at least there are other ways to wash :))! I crashed on a climb:rolleyes:. I wasn't looking and I just bounced on a loose round rock. I'll even have to cancel the triathlon I was supposed to do next saturday. For the points, I think it's when I have slipped near the flingstones. I have both knees covered with cuts... I didn't had a rear brake, try to negociate downhill and switchbacks that way...

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by Heytouekutbenca
I saw the guy also, I was at the first aid station at the same time. I can't go to baie-st-paul, I have no way to go there (my parents are not backing me too much...) and I can't ride or run for another 10 days. I can't even shower for the next 48 hours (at least there are other ways to wash :))! I crashed on a climb:rolleyes:. I wasn't looking and I just bounced on a loose round rock. I'll even have to cancel the triathlon I was supposed to do next saturday. For the points, I think it's when I have slipped near the flingstones. I have both knees covered with cuts... I didn't had a rear brake, try to negociate downhill and switchbacks that way...
Ya crashing sucks get well soon. Baie St-Paul is a long way it's like 4-5hours for me and add on another 1.5 to 2 for you.

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Originally posted by JMAC
Heytouebenca tu est vraiment francais;) Je pense tu est capable de parle englais parce que tu ecrit tres bon en englais ici. Pas comme moi je sais que mes ecrit en francais et mal.

Qu'es que fait avec ta velo j'ai regarde toi avec un problem avec ton "wheel" est que tu fini la course?.

La course c'etait toutr different que la semaine passe et j'avais beaucoup difficulte dans ma premiere tour.

Ecrit en francais ci c'est plus simple pour toi.:)
i just understood that w/o any problems :eek:

maybe i will pass this french exam.

keep it up JMAC, good luck this year.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by NRSracer
i just understood that w/o any problems :eek:

maybe i will pass this french exam.

keep it up JMAC, good luck this year.
What are talking about :confused:

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Originally posted by JMAC
What are talking about :confused:
reading french.
I'm not bilingual, so that was weird to me because even though I have almost 5 years of french class in me, i still can't usually read fluently, but this time i hdidn' have a problem.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by NRSracer
reading french.
I'm not bilingual, so that was weird to me because even though I have almost 5 years of french class in me, i still can't usually read fluently, but this time i hdidn' have a problem.
Probly becuse i write french like a retard so it's really simple crappy french I just found out that I have a 15-20 min french oral for my Final Exam thats insane.:(