Quantcast

2 Days of Great Riding

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Had a friend over from Upstate NY to join us for some Masachusetts trail riding this weekend. We started with a 'Nam tour from Splat on Saturday.

Davis and Paul on the roller.

Splat JRA.

Davis climbing up.

Another fun roller.

Tom on the roller. He's legally blind, but rides some tough trails and wheelie-drops stuff. :eek:

Paul going up.

Davis on a fun rock.

Myself coming up the firewall.

Davis and Paul in the vice.

Thanks to all the big donors who gave $$$ to buy our piece of land. :thumb:

Part of a new berm were still working on. The guy in the yellow jersey is Mr. Nemba himself - PK.

Splat and Davis on a big roller.

On to day #2 - Douglas State Forest.

Davis and Splat on the trail.

Anyone see a problem here? Unfortunetly, Splat's day ended after this.

Davis on the trail.

Sections like this is why we wear leg armor on the trails here.

Davis on the boardwalk.

Two great days of riding. :cool:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Great Photos!

I rode with Jollytime and his buddy Mike on Saturday. How were you able to get a ride in today. Rained all day here in CT :mumble:

splat

Nam I am
berkshire_rider said:
Anyone see a problem here? Unfortunetly, Splat's day ended after this.

you didn't mention what Nice Shoes I'm wearing :D

I already had the replacment pedals for those , I just had not chenged them. I must say I did not expect a Failure like that though. the reason I was replacing them was they were very worn and releasing too easily . But at least I got a good ride in before the failure. and I was able to ride , just with one foot all over the place riding the spindle

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
awesome pics

that happened to a pedal of mine a year or so ago.. luckily I had just finished a ride but un luckily I had about 5 uphill road miles to go to get to my car. as i am sure you now know its hard to put pressure on a pedal like that

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Nice pics! Davis said he was going down to meet up with you at our Friday night ride :( Wish I could've gone too.

Doug had a pedal failure on one of our rides at the Pitts too...not fun when you can't keep your feet on the pedals ;)

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
splat said:
you didn't mention what Nice Shoes I'm wearing :D
splat said:
I was the one forgetting everything on these rides
Splat had a little bit of "forgetfullness" this weekend.

Saturday, we stop to play on a roller. WTH? Why isn't the camera working? Did my son use up all the memory again? Ooops. The camera has no memory card in it. :o:

Sunday, we're getting ready at the trailhead. WTF? Where's my shoes? Dammit. Luckily Davis had an older pair of Specialized shoes. They were the wrong size, and were a little "used", but allowed splat to ride. :thumb: Well, until the pedal incident. :mumble:

splat

Nam I am
berkshire_rider said:
Splat had a little bit of "forgetfullness" this weekend.

Where's my shoes? Dammit. Luckily Davis had an older pair of Specialized shoes. They were the wrong size, and were a little "used", but allowed splat to ride. :thumb: Well, until the pedal incident. :mumble:
They may not of been the best shoes , but hey any port in a storm !!!