Quantcast

2 moar weeks: Evil Uprising non-vapor ware

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Geometry with 150mm fork ( 520mm AC )

High - HA-67.62 BB- 13.48/342.5mm WB -44.0/1120.0 mm CS - 430mm/16.9" SA 72.8

Low - HA-66.5 BB-13.00/330.0mm WB- 44.25/1124.09mm CS - 433.97mm/17.08" SA 71.76

• Shock: 7.875 x 2.25
• ISCG05
• Integrated headset
• 142 x 12mm rear axle

edit: these were the numbers on the first round of prototype spy shots a while back, so may have changed?

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Wouldn't hold my breath for this thing to release anytime soon.

tracer650

Chimp
Nov 13, 2012
New Jersey
who would buy a bike from them? Isn't their rep tarnished enough. I mean their website hasn't been updated since 2009!!!

http://www.evil-bikes.com/#/000117/home

Somebody should update their website with the following:

Hi we are evil! Dave weagel founded us and sold us. He designed our Single Pivot suspension system. We had them built in a ****ty factory in Taiwan and then they broke. Now we have the Carbonz and you shall all bow down and suck our dicks.

that company has no cred in my opinion.

You need to practice holding your breath so you can handle having their dick jammed down your throat.

fro biker

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
in the sticks
Dear tracer650,

With 2 posts racked up so far on here, assuming this is your second, what in your right mind made you think that this might be a great way to start off your time here? You're post is inaccurate, rude, and lacking substantiating evidence for your claims.

Let's try this again:
DELTA is a linkage system designed by DW - check. Evil now, is not the same as Evil from "then", naming rights can be purchased, just as Spooky has done as well. Two power-house East Coast companies have found new life again in new hands.
The Revolts were built in perfectly good factories. There was an issue at the factory, yes, but the design of the the frame is superb and the new carbon Undeads are even better in terms of durability and ride characteristics.
While the internet may seem like the world to you, many people have real jobs, like running a bike company and making sure they have a product to write about, versus putting up a website filled with hot air, so to speak. So before you start talking about homoerotic practices, and making lame comments about something you have no in depth knowledge about, take a minute to reevaluate how you spend your time and energy.
I took some time out of my day to fill in these gaps because I'm tired of encountering drivel on the internet, much like what you wrote, especially when it is aimed at hurting people I know personally and respect.

You're source for information of an informative nature,

fro biker

Last edited:

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Geometry with 150mm fork ( 520mm AC )

High - HA-67.62 BB- 13.48/342.5mm WB -44.0/1120.0 mm CS - 430mm/16.9" SA 72.8

Low - HA-66.5 BB-13.00/330.0mm WB- 44.25/1124.09mm CS - 433.97mm/17.08" SA 71.76

• Shock: 7.875 x 2.25
• ISCG05
• Integrated headset
• 142 x 12mm rear axle

edit: these were the numbers on the first round of prototype spy shots a while back, so may have changed?
From the early photos I would've sworn it was slacker than that - even my Five is slacker than that.... (by a massive .5 of a degree)

Last edited:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Dear tracer650,

With 2 posts racked up so far on here, assuming this is your second, what in your right mind made you think that this might be a great way to start off your time here? You're post is inaccurate, rude, and lacking substantiating evidence for your claims.

Let's try this again:
DELTA is a linkage system designed by DW - check. Evil now, is not the same as Evil from "then", naming rights can be purchased, just as Spooky has done as well. Two power-house East Coast companies have found new life again in new hands.
The Revolts were built in perfectly good factories. There was an issue at the factory, yes, but the design of the the frame is superb and the new carbon Undeads are even better in terms of durability and ride characteristics.
While the internet may seem like the world to you, many people have real jobs, like running a bike company and making sure they have a product to write about, versus putting up a website filled with hot air, so to speak. So before you start talking about homoerotic practices, and making lame comments about something you have no in depth knowledge about, take a minute to reevaluate how you spend your time and energy.
I took some time out of my day to fill in these gaps because I'm tired of encountering drivel on the internet, much like what you wrote, especially when it is aimed at hurting people I know personally and respect.

fro biker

While it may have been phrased a bit crudely, in all honesty I don't see what was false about his statement.

If you want people to take your business seriously, keep your website updated with current products, news and support information. I don't live on the east coast, and I haven't seen any evil bikes on the show room floor of my local bike shops, why should I buy their product if I can't learn about it?

If you want people to take your business seriously, don't burn people who have shelled out good money for your bikes with defective products and insanely long wait times for a replacement.

The statement that Dave Weagle founded and sold Evil is true.

The statement that he designed their suspension system and that it is pretty much a single pivot is also true.

The statement that the bikes broke is true, but whether or not the factory in Taiwan was ****ty or just didn't get run through the US QA ringer when starting production is still up in the air.

The statement that their bikes are carbon is true but I don't think they have requested fellatio from anyone yet.

I'd say most of his points are valid.

tracer650

Chimp
Nov 13, 2012
New Jersey
Dear tracer650,

Let's try this again:

fro biker
Dear Fro Biker,

2 post's does not mean I am new to Mountain bikes or even this forum. I knew Evil before evil had a single product. When it was just a cool name and some guys from boston with t-shirts. When Evil meant something.

Things change, People sell their company's and Move on to smarter ways of making money.

The Legacy of Evil is Dead. It is nothing more then a cool name now. I have nothing personal against the new owners but If they cannot even update their website who is going to take that seriously?

yes their new Carbon looks extremely cool. In fact it might even be one of the nicest bikes on the market. Nobody knows for sure. However from what I can tell they are a total crap shoot. Their recent history is not going to help them win me over.

It is a free market and they are more then welcome to compete with the 100's of top notch brands that have customer service and up to date websites. Good luck to them. This is also an internet forum where I am openly allowed to voice my opinion as are you. You can choose to reply again but I'm done with this topic.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
yes their new Carbon looks extremely cool. In fact it might even be one of the nicest bikes on the market. Nobody knows for sure. However from what I can tell they are a total crap shoot. Their recent history is not going to help them win me over.
There are a few people on here (myself included) that have been riding Undeads for awhile without problems. I've been riding mine since July last year; its been crashed in rocks, cased on jumps and shuttled all around Western Canada.Its no crap shoot buying one.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There are a few people on here (myself included) that have been riding Undeads for awhile without problems. I've been riding mine since July last year; its been crashed in rocks, cased on jumps and shuttled all around Western Canada.Its no crap shoot buying one.
i still LOL every time i see westcoasthucker's avatar though :rofl:

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Evil has another website that I happened upon a couple of months back. It had the Undead info and was much better, though still looked like a work in progress. I can't for the life of me find it now.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
No mention of where to buy one yet.

Raingauge, where did you buy your Undead?

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
whats the difference between the insurgent and the uprising?

the website's not really working for me it all shows up the data of the undead once i click on the different frames

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
whats the difference between the insurgent and the uprising?

the website's not really working for me it all shows up the data of the undead once i click on the different frames
looks like the site is not ready yet.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
who would buy a bike from them? Isn't their rep tarnished enough. I mean their website hasn't been updated since 2009!!!

http://www.evil-bikes.com/#/000117/home

Somebody should update their website with the following:

Hi we are evil! Dave weagel founded us and sold us. He designed our Single Pivot suspension system. We had them built in a ****ty factory in Taiwan and then they broke. Now we have the Carbonz and you shall all bow down and suck our dicks.

that company has no cred in my opinion.

You need to practice holding your breath so you can handle having their dick jammed down your throat.
I'm kinda leaning the same way as you. I mean I'm sure the product is/will be good, but how can you really function properly WITHOUT a website??? That is beyond me.

Some will point out Hadley, but I also think it's stupid they don't even have a presence on the web. I mean it's not 1997 and you don't need a computer/coder wizard to set up something decent.

Last edited:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I, as well as most people who just want good sh*t, don't care if Evil, Hadley, Santa Cruz, whoever don't have a website.

They make awesome sh*t, if you dont want it, dont buy it; claim that higher ground and bite your tongue.

K?ThxBai!

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm kinda leaning the same way as you. I mean I'm sure the product is/will be good, but how can you really function properly WITHOUT a website??? That is beyond me.

Some will point out Hadley, but I also think it's stupid they don't even have a presence on the web. I mean it's not 1997 and you don't need a computer/coder wizard to set up something decent.
nor do you need to be albert fvcking einstein to pick up the phone and call hadley...

besides, once upon a time i seem to recall hearing that hubs aren't their primary business...