Quantcast

2 monkies hurt at the Fontana race today.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
542
6
Orange County, CA
Donnie (BMXman) and TJ (Lovebunny) where both injured at today's DH race at Southridge. Donnie crashed and got a compound fracture of his leg, and had to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance. TJ being TJ raced in some costume which consisted of some short jean shorts and some other stuff. He took a spill and hit his head pretty hard and received a concussion. He seemed pretty out of it for a while.
I hope speedy recoveries to the two of them.
 

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
2,639
0
The 909
That was Donnie who broke his leg? Holy crap, one of the guys who went down to help him said is was really bad. I wish him a speedy recovery.
 

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
2,334
0
Chatsworth
Sending healing vibes your way. I didn't see Donnie's crash, but I saw him being taken to the hospital; he suffered a compund fracture to his ankle. I also saw TJ sitting under the tent, and he looked like he was in some serious pain. There was actually a few other riders who went down pretty hard today. I wish everyone a speedy recovery...
 

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
7,238
35
San Diego, California, United States
im okay now. pretty much i got a decent concussion, destroyed both knees with abrasions, and fractured my toe. aparently i was pretty bad for a while there at the race as far as not knowing people and stuff. i nearly passed out once in urgent care and again in the ER. im ok now im all bandaged up but moving around isnt very apealing to me. also im having some memory loss. the doctor said that would last about a week so be patient with me. thanks for the kind words but donnie needs them much more than i do. also thanks sanjay for running over to subway to grab alfie. also thanks to heather(shyrmp) holding my hand while they cleaned my wounds.
 

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
21,695
498
NC
Already wished D a speedy recovery in the DH forum ... sorry to hear you got hurt lovebunny, but it sounds like you're doing much better now :) - heal well!
 

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
8,933
0
Montgomery county MD
lovebunny said:
im okay now. pretty much i got a decent concussion, destroyed both knees with abrasions, and fractured my toe. aparently i was pretty bad for a while there at the race as far as not knowing people and stuff. i nearly passed out once in urgent care and again in the ER. im ok now im all bandaged up but moving around isnt very apealing to me. also im having some memory loss. the doctor said that would last about a week so be patient with me. thanks for the kind words but donnie needs them much more than i do. also thanks sanjay for running over to subway to grab alfie. also thanks to heather(shyrmp) holding my hand while they cleaned my wounds.

Ahh........ so you did it all for a girl huh :sneaky:

Bet this makes your lip look not so bad anymore!
 

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
7,596
0
Shut up and ride...
lovebunny said:
thanks for the kind words guys. walking kinda sucks right now but whats really pissing me off is memory loss. i keep forgetting where i put stuff or if ive done something

Man, I feel for ya. Sleeping is difficult, showers hurt like hell, abrasions just plain suck. Hang in there dude.
 

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
1,454
3
The suburbs of Mexico.....
lovebunny said:
also thanks to heather(shyrmp) holding my hand while they cleaned my wounds.
Glad to hear you are "ok".....and don't worry I'm sure the numbness in my hand will go away eventually.. ;)

Best wishes to a speedy recovery for D, the injury looked pretty bad. :(
 

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
1,727
0
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
TJ, I thought u allways had memory loss! Just Kidding, get ready for the winter series cuz im gunna race and win u. Get well soon to Donnie, I saw him fall, which from what I saw wasnt too bad, but when u land the wrong way stuff can happen. Good luck to both of you!
 

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
7,238
35
San Diego, California, United States
merrrrjig said:
TJ, I thought u allways had memory loss! Just Kidding, get ready for the winter series cuz im gunna race and win u. Get well soon to Donnie, I saw him fall, which from what I saw wasnt too bad, but when u land the wrong way stuff can happen. Good luck to both of you!
dude! did you just call me out? im still looking for my wallet:nopity:
 

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
1,454
3
The suburbs of Mexico.....
lovebunny said:
dude! did you just call me out? im still looking for my wallet:nopity:
It was on your lap before you left for SD...


And I posted this in the DH forum, but if you are like me you very rarely go there so I'll repost this...

Update: D got out of surgery this morning, they put plates and pins in his ankle, he will be in the hospital until tommorow and will be off the bike for a minimum of 6-8 weeks.