Quantcast

> 2 stay <

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We pay about $10k in taxes on a ~$500k house on a .50 acre lot. More than I wanted to pay, but in the 2.5 years we've been here, I can see where the money goes. Some of the best schools in the area, own water/electric depts that have always answered calls/fixed issues within hours, and streets constantly plowed quickly, even our dead end street in the woods with ~12 houses. Lots of community programs and resources for kids, etc. Great library, parks, etc.

Sucks paying that much, but would suck more to still pay it and not see any of the benefits
School taxes are usually separate from property taxes. At least here they are.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wow. What do you guys get for all them taxes?! I pay about $5900 (Cdn) per year for property taxes. I live in a townhouse downtown. People in big houses in the suburbs pay less. I frequently argue they use more.services than I do (roads, sewers, water, parks, schools etc...).

But your guys' taxes take the cake. Do they go to the counties too, to pay for highways and roads?
Roads/infrastructure. Parks & playgrounds. Snow plowing in winter. Emergency services (LE, EMT, fire).

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I believe that in my town, >90% of the taxes are spent to fund our schools.
As a new parent, the school system was definitely high on the list of priorities when we were looking at houses, and a main reason we chose our town.

Though I'm still skeptical as to how much that really matters at the end of the day. But I figured might as well give the best chance of success for my kids, in case those golf scholarships and PGA tour card don't work out like I'm hoping.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
As a new parent, the school system was definitely high on the list of priorities when we were looking at houses, and a main reason we chose our town.

Though I'm still skeptical as to how much that really matters at the end of the day. But I figured might as well give the best chance of success for my kids, in case those golf scholarships and PGA tour card don't work out like I'm hoping.
Kiddo is already behind the ball if you expect him to earn his tour card. HMU if you need someone to teach him how the game is actually played. ;)

Also, using school ratings as a criteria while house shopping makes me feel old. I'm sure actually knocking out a womb turd would solidify that.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
In Bozeman one removes sewage manually, one open cartload at a time
Nah, BZN is being gentrified these days... We have two story high-rise //////outhouses*:

1597171056389.png

*In Nevada City...

On hot summer days, when the wind was not blowing, it was called "Big Bad John".

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Also, using school ratings as a criteria while house shopping makes me feel old. I'm sure actually knocking out a womb turd would solidify that.

Honestly....recently discovering red bull TV and all the cool bike vids has made me feel way older than any kid ever has. I forget the name of it, but watched a movie the other night that was all about the start of freeride with a bunch of old clips from the first Kranked films, etc. Made me realize how absolutely insane I was into everything, and how long it's been since then. It was an absolute trip and such a bittersweet feeling with everything I have going on in my life now. As awesome as my life is now and fortunate for that, some of my all-time greatest memories revolve around that era.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't tear up sitting there alone on the couch watching it.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I guess I better not mention how much taxes we pay.
No wonder you guys are working so hard. ;)

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Back from riding three days at Killington bike park in Vermont. Working today in upstate New York, then to Long Island to attend the wake of a dear uncle's Irish wake on Wednesday and the funeral on Thursday.
How’s killington running right now?
Trails? Crowds?

RIP Uncle.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Honestly....recently discovering red bull TV and all the cool bike vids has made me feel way older than any kid ever has. I forget the name of it, but watched a movie the other night that was all about the start of freeride with a bunch of old clips from the first Kranked films, etc. Made me realize how absolutely insane I was into everything, and how long it's been since then. It was an absolute trip and such a bittersweet feeling with everything I have going on in my life now. As awesome as my life is now and fortunate for that, some of my all-time greatest memories revolve around that era.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't tear up sitting there alone on the couch watching it.
Been there too. I even dug out my ps2 and copy of downhill domination

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Day 2 in the books. There is an emergency build going live and a $5M+ install happening next month.
So we have to fly folks out now because they have to quarantine for 2 weeks before they can go onsite to install.

I am trying to put a basic test plan together because they have never done one before. :panic:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Made it to mont sainte anne. Had to dodge fallen trees on the road, exploding hydro transformer and a hurricane on the way. Jesus.

Holy shit today's ride was killer. Tech, rocks and a swim in the river. Wasnt too hot, but humid enough that we were soaked within 20 minutes of starting.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So a gal I went to high school is running for mayor of a small town outside where we grew up. She has always been an activist, so it makes sense. The current mayor has some sexism charges pending, so yay!

I guess somebody has to be mayor. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There is some crazy shit going on next door. So they have 5 kids, from 17 to 2ish. They had a babysitter move in, then her boyfriend moved in, too. Then one of his buddies was going through a divorce, so he moved in. The kids got to be too much, so a new babysitter moved in.

There are currently 6 cars there (his, hers, oldest child, buddy, babysitter 1, 2). It's a 4 bedroom house with a den, I don't get where the hell everyone is at. It's like a clown car house.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
There is some crazy shit going on next door. So they have 5 kids, from 17 to 2ish. They had a babysitter move in, then her boyfriend moved in, too. Then one of his buddies was going through a divorce, so he moved in. The kids got to be too much, so a new babysitter moved in.

There are currently 6 cars there (his, hers, oldest child, buddy, babysitter 1, 2). It's a 4 bedroom house with a den, I don't get where the hell everyone is at. It's like a clown car house.
Ah, we had one of those next door too. Then the mom starting boinking the 17 year old son's friend, and the husband moved out after the him or me ultimatum didn't go in his favor. Then more teens moved in, the drugs started, and it all culminated in people living in the basement, peeing on the walls and shitting in the corner until they had to fire sale the house cause her disability checks couldn't pay for the house and drugs.

Fun times are ahead JD, fun times. Enjoy the descent.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Throw boxes of condoms in the yard everyday.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
got into...seeing a mama and baby bear; swimming in a waterfall, trying to find another waterfall and failing but going on a fun trail to try, 15yo puking in the car, grilling hot dogs and marshmallows, a few beers, meteor shower watching...not bad obama.