Quantcast

20°Threads dry GMT°02

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I'm going to need lots moar coffee today. have to meet a vendor at 7 am for a vehicle inspection. We did all the others last night but this one was still on the road. Spend the day on the short bus then go take a 4 hour CPR class so I can renew my EMT Lic.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Made the mistake of showing the wife how cool a stripped out school bus could be if you converted it into a camper/rolling home. Now she's all gung-ho about getting a school bus. :rofl:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Checkup day for the girls. We get to see how close my plump 9 month old and skinny 3 year old are in mass, in other words.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Mornin!

Made the mistake of showing the wife how cool a stripped out school bus could be if you converted it into a camper/rolling home. Now she's all gung-ho about getting a school bus. :rofl:
I'd go with an old muni bus as a platform. There's a lot with a few of them on 56th Ave, just east of I-270.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
There is now a dumpster in our driveway. Big things will start happening soon! That being new siding. And we'll use the dumpster opportunity to get rid a whole lot of extra shit in and around the garage.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'd go with an old muni bus as a platform. There's a lot with a few of them on 56th Ave, just east of I-270.
They are actually surprisingly affordable. I was browsing on craigslist last night and saw mini-buses from ~$3800 up to full size Thomas buses around $15K. It would certainly make a significantly cheaper platform than an RV.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They are actually surprisingly affordable. I was browsing on craigslist last night and saw mini-buses from ~$3800 up to full size Thomas buses around $15K. It would certainly make a significantly cheaper platform than an RV.
I think most school buses are based off of consumer truck drivetrains, although not as durable it would be much cheaper to maintain that what is essentially an industrial grade municipal platform.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Gritty dirty NYC morning. Post snow this really turns into a dirty city.

Kind of a crappy morning having to both deal kids not behaving but sometimes you just have to lay down the rules.

Planning a road trip to Naples which should be great for all of us.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

Also, here's to the explorers. Respect.
I was a dorky kid (as I am a dorky adult). I used to fake illness so I could stay home from school and see those shuttle launches, and then I would do extra credit reports with newspaper clippings and a write up. I covered this one, for sure.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Also, here's to the explorers. Respect.
Wife and I were talking about this last night. I was 7, and this picture still gives me a case of the feels.

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air… .

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew —
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

— John Gillespie Magee, Jr

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I think most school buses are based off of consumer truck drivetrains, although not as durable it would be much cheaper to maintain that what is essentially an industrial grade municipal platform.
Cummins engine + Allison transmission + low floor == municipal buses FTW, in my head. The low floor especially.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Gritty dirty NYC morning. Post snow this really turns into a dirty city.

Kind of a crappy morning having to both deal kids not behaving but sometimes you just have to lay down the rules.

Planning a road trip to Naples which should be great for all of us.
Naples NY? If so, Ontario County Park has some fun trails and you must get a grape pie.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Doesn't feel like Thursday. Tonight is dress rehearsal and tomorrow are the shows (Syd is in her 4th grade play and I am their musical director). Should be fun for about 5 minutes lol. Oh well, I have been assured there will be coffee and chocolate so I'm good.