Quantcast

20" of love, for those of you who think 24" is just too much

organizedrage

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Dublin, CA
My Fit S3 frame has gone through many changes, but I will always be true to the 20" wheel. If you have a 20" bike and would like to show it off then please show it off! I'd love to see it and I'm sure everyone else would as well!

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
seems like this has already been done but anyways, who cares...20s rock. here's an old pic. not much has changed though...

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
mmmm, that's what she said! had to do it :]

here's mine, since received new cranks, stem, sprocket, chain and a couple other things. i'm snatching up some new wheels and a used s3 pretty soon. i need to get to the trails to get some riding shots.

riding:

satori, post your dubs up, that new deal is the goods!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I'm 5'6 probably. The bmx i'm looking at getting has a 20" TT. My chameleon has a 21.5" TT which feels good. Do you think that would feel fine to me?

I will be using it for street/trails/park/california downhill races.

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
This has been copied from my bike czech in another forum. I've now got PCs, a new mosh justlice lite front wheel (Clean black riiiim) and some longnecks. Oh, and I shortened that cable too! I stripped off the stickers and I can actually ride that park a lot better than I did when those were taken.

I think my improvement in skill is due to the pealing of the stickers. Less weight, right? That must make me better.

30t sprocket with 13t in back? It works! Where I live, it helps me use the bike as commuter -- with the smaller gearing making the uphills easier.

Frame: Sh!thawk 21tt
Bars: WTP Helium
Fork: WTP Helium
Grips: Duo Homan
Brakes: Old Diatechs with Hombre springs
Cable: Oddy linear
Cranks: Oddy 41thermals -- 175
Sprocket: Cheapest Mosh on Danscomp. 30t
Pedals: Cheapest Metal Welgos

Rear Wheel:
Rim: Alex Supra-J
Hub: Poverty Cassette 13t
Tire: Oddy Path

Front Wheel:
Rim: Sun ZX 25
Hub: Old Stock k2 hub
Tire: Oddy Dirt Path

More pictures!

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
This has been copied from my bike czech in another forum. I've now got PCs, a new mosh justlice lite front wheel (Clean black riiiim) and some longnecks. Oh, and I shortened that cable too! I stripped off the stickers and I can actually ride that park a lot better than I did when those were taken.

I think my improvement in skill is due to the pealing of the stickers. Less weight, right? That must make me better.

30t sprocket with 13t in back? It works! Where I live, it helps me use the bike as commuter -- with the smaller gearing making the uphills easier.

Nice. Where is that skatepark?

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
i really wish i didn't bend my second cheap fork to sh!t, then i could post a pic. guess you can't complain when you get it for free though:nopity:.

when i have a director, i'll post up.

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
i need to learn tuck no's, i've been doing tiregrabs for a long ass time. to scared to try tucks, even though i know i can do them
Try them out of a B-hop! They are nearly the same as tire grabs and are about three times as fun. It's pretty much the same sort of gig as when you were a kid, and would let go of the swing at the top of your arch; only it's on a bike.

FR4life -- That's Rusch park in antelope/sacramento. It is very enjoyable before school gets out!

Standard -- That's one of the sexiest S&M's I have seen.

standard125r

Chimp
Dec 7, 2006
oh sweet your rides are back. what front hub? is that a polished madera?
custom redneck xlt?

cheers stoked, kind of you dude,

front hub is a chris king 36,

stem is an s&m race/red hybrid , redneck body with race xlt face plate,

btw,

heres a standard i've been building for a few years as a side project,sad i know but i missed/loved my old one so much,

nearly all parts high polished by my mate,
lots of ti bolts,
mother-of-pearl inlaid straddle hanger,
check the heatsink pad carriers! lol!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Standard135R builds are so clean looking.

The Holmes is staright out of '95 S&M catalog. I great time for certain bike makers and a crappy time for many of the others big ones. The begining of the end for lots of particular products: skin/gumwalls, chrome, big chainrings, threaded headset, pads, and 7/8" seatposts.

That Standard build is like the all time classic look - it would look cool sitting next to a classic JMC DY with the candy red or at the skatepark with the rest of the brakeless coaltion (just take off the pads and plate). The knobbies and silver hubs/black spokes make that bike stand out to me. Great builds as always.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Man, I miss my old trails 250. That was a sweet bike. Not that my current isn't but man I loved that thing. I just wish that Standard would keep up with the times they were so inovative back in the day.

standard125r

Chimp
Dec 7, 2006
Are those the old Odyssey tires the Aitkens were based off of on that Standard? That thing is awesome.
yeh maan, odyssey track marks, they were like $20 for the pair and they make a change from the comp3,

don, i only wish i could have been at the s&m anniversary!

pat, the frame is indeed powdercoated, but in clear matt, i wanted to be able to see the weld burn and shizzle!

thanks though for all the kind words folks!
i know its sad building these things like jigsaw puzzles so it means alot to an old bike geek like me,