Quantcast

20" of love, for those of you who think 24" is just too much

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
congrats! what did you pick up?
I got a WTP trust from my LBS (all 4130). They gave me a great deal... I was thinking Sunday Model C first then the model D... but I want something to beat on and not worry about.

I have ridden it on DJ's and it feels so dialed, not sketchy. I rode with the pegs tonight in my city/borough and did some stalls on concrete and railroad ties. Eff'in sweet.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
sweet! good build there Axis
Thanks. I am putting on odyssey Aitken 2.25" and path 2.1" tires this week but I am happy with the bike.

I don't care is my seat is high. It needs to be because I can only hyper bend my knees maybe 10 times on a ride before I am in serious pain.... and if I ride street I normally cover about 4 miles out and back.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
Nice. What tires are those? I am thinking the path 2.1 for the rear and the aitken 2.25 for the front for dirt jumping. Thoughts?
regular 2.25 ruben up front, and an aitken klyte 1.9 in back. it's awesome. i ran the aitken/path combo for a bit, the path feels weird in the back sometime though. i suggest a 2.25 aitken or 2.125 aitken in front, and the aitken 1.9 in back. amazing for everything.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
right click the image and select properties (copy image address if you're on a mac) and then if you're on windows, copy the url in the properties box and paste it within the image tags.

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
Thanks. I am putting on odyssey Aitken 2.25" and path 2.1" tires this week but I am happy with the bike.

I don't care is my seat is high. It needs to be because I can only hyper bend my knees maybe 10 times on a ride before I am in serious pain.... and if I ride street I normally cover about 4 miles out and back.
hey Axis, meant in a good way on the "unslammed club". i just aint had time to get a longer post. 185mm, like a coalition, best for me. current stock POS on the TRL3 is a 115. I hear ya about over bending your knee... i got a completely torn ACL from 8 yrs ago, lateral ligaments bad too. I always wear a steel hinged knee brace when riding.
RIDE ON
:cheers:

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
hey Axis, meant in a good way on the "unslammed club". i just aint had time to get a longer post. 185mm, like a coalition, best for me. current stock POS on the TRL3 is a 115. I hear ya about over bending your knee... i got a completely torn ACL from 8 yrs ago, lateral ligaments bad too. I always wear a steel hinged knee brace when riding.
RIDE ON
:cheers:
No problem. I know all about injuries... especially wrist and knees.

Had a great father's day @ raysmtb dirt room Sunday! The 20" is really working out. I feel like I have come home... it has been 24 years since I rode a 20".

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Here she is with new tires and an Odyssey elementary stem I had lying around.

S4Sean

Chimp
Apr 30, 2008
Heres my 2008 Premium duo.
I got it at the same time as my Kona Bass and now the bass is for sale because I cant stop riding this.

Switched a couple things up.
white-Stolen Pivotal seat
white-Volume Pivitol post
black-Half link
Aitken P-lyte
Green-Ruben grips
white-Twisted PCs.
white-eastern choker Stem
black-TRP brake lever

Weighs 26 lbs with **** cranks, **** bars, and **** wheels.
Just a Fun bike.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
My first 20. Pretty sure I posted a bike-check thread on it a few months ago, but I kinda wanted to bump this thread, 'cause it's rad, yo.

Anyway here it is. It's a Specialized Fuse, so I know it garners, like, negative street cred, but it hauls my happy ass around o.k. Stock except for:
Fit Sky High bars
Fit Down Low Rasta stem
Haro rear wheel and chainwheel

Next on the replacement list are probably the tires; they have pretty thin sidewalls.

Seat is wonky 'cause I forgot to bring my allens to the park with me that day and it loosened a bit. That and the chain tension were fixed posthaste.

By mrridiculous at 2009-04-06

Rolzey

Chimp
Jul 11, 2009
Londiddillydon
Here is my Fly Bikes Diablo

it rides nice, only problem is the it has chainstay mounted brakes, so the chain rubs and makes a quiet noise when landing.
got the frame, forks, headset, bottom bracket and stem for £65 off ebay!

dirtjunkie

Chimp
May 9, 2008
First 20" ever. Kicking myself in the a$$ for not making the switch earlier. Went from this.

to this. pardon the cell phone pic

best decision ever made.

Federal Notorious 21.25
Slam xlt bars
shadow toapload stem
sun big city rims on snafu hubs
hollow bites
and trail mix pedals.

dirtjunkie

Chimp
May 9, 2008
Quoted for truth!! In the past 3 days I've been on 16s, 20s, 24s, 26s, and 29s...so is that 5 times as much fun? :think:

United we stand against wheel size discrimination. lol
Oh believe me no hate. I still love my 26. Favorite thing to shred big trails on. The Federal is just a totally different world. So awesome.

I like seeing that big sprocket, looks close to 40tooth
animal 39t FTW!!! Yea not trying to spend 2oo+ bucks on a micro drive setup when these wheels are indestructible and work perfectly. I pretty much only ride trails anyways with a little park and street mixed in when they arnt running.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
my first 20" in 20 years.

Frame: The Take - The Time2 (manu'd by FBM) 21"
Fork: Sunday Morning
Bars: Sunday Forumph
Stem: Profile Push 53mm
Headset: Ody
Lever: Ody Medium
Brake: Ody Evo II
Saddle: Ody Senior PC
Clamp: Ody
Cranks: Profile 175 chrome LHD (GDH steel spindle)
Peds: Animal PCs (hate 'em) OR Wellgo MG-1s (pedals that grip!)
Ring: Ody Vermont 30t
Chain: KMC cheapo
Front Wheel: Madera laced with DT doublebutted to Ody Haz lite black
Front Tire: Ody Aitken Street 2.25 Plyte OR Ody Aitken Dirt 2.1
Rear Wheel: Ody Ratchet set to LHD w/ 10T driver laced with DT straight gauge to Ody Haz Lite chrome
Rear Tire: Ody Path 2.1 Plyte
don't know the weight; don't own a scale.

Last edited: