Quantcast

2003 f4 with a 888

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Honestly, it all depends on your body size, geometry preference, and frame size.

Personally, I think that the BB height would be raised up a bit higher which would be a good thing since I think they are a bit low. On the other hand, if you are going with a medium, the tall height and 5" headtube will put the bars high up (preference). Also, you will be looking at a headtube angle that's more raked out than the 66 degrees listed on the website (again preference). Looking at the numbers, I would say that this setup would be great if you are the type of rider who likes to pound straight through tough dh's, likes a higher front end, and prefers to manhandle the slack front end in tight corners.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Originally posted by laxincubus311
do u think a 8 inch 888 would worki good on this frame
I am not sure about your frame, but I really think I could have pulled off a 8" on my small sized DHR. With a short headtube,
and if I used the E13 cups (that is an inch right there), I could get it where I want it.
I have the 7" 888, and with 1/2 inch of headset sticking out on the bottom, I am still not even running it at the minimum line. I left it where Zoke set it, and it gave my bike the right angles.
As far as bar height, mine happens to be right where it was on my 03 DHR with a Boxxer, but I had to run the Boxxer all the way tall, to clear the 03 frame. So to me, it feels perfect.
I don't even know if the Chumba has a 1.5 headtube.
If it does, you could try the 8", and if not, I would go with the 7" I think.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
I helped a guy put one of those together a few weeks ago. He had it set up in the 8", but with the Go-ride crowns. It looked good size/angles wise. Built up light, looks super fast. I'd say go for it.