Quantcast

2003 fox rear shock

realityDH1

Chimp
Sep 2, 2002
Atlanta
I was looking at the 2003 stab primo, and it has a custom valved shock it says. I was wondering if this is the production version of what all the pros ran this year (intense and yeti had it i beleve) and also if anyone had ridden it; how does it feel in comparison to the old one, etc...

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
well its fox's snowmoblie shock made to fit on a bike. its fox's player to fight against the 5th element shock. so i'm thinking it would feel like that or better, cause in all the pics it seems to have more adjustments.

philerup12

Chimp
May 25, 2002
wellesley, ma
from what ive heard the new fox DOES NOT have more adjustments than the 5th, still uses a shim system similar to 01, but with other changes to the internals. As to that fancy remote resevoir - avalanche rip off. And for a price rumored to be between 800-1000 - no thanks, ill take a 5th or avy. All this aside, it still should perform better than the current vanilla w/o a doubt, and hold up better maybe too. It should work just fine on your stinky, better than a vanilla rc prob.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by philerup12
As to that fancy remote resevoir - avalanche rip off.
Come again? There is no such thing as "and Avalanche ripoff" because there is not one NEW aspect to an avalanche shock. That is not a dig. They use MX technology that has been around and been proven for quite some time, just downsized for bicycles. Smart move by them if you ask me.

The difference between them and other bike shocks is NOT technology. It is quality of build and materials, and custom valving. Think of it as comparing two bikes, one with standard geometry out of hi-ten steel, and the other custom built for you out of 4130 chromoly...