Quantcast

2003 SID Remote Lockout

monkeywrench

Chimp
Apr 25, 2002
San Diego
Just saw the ad for Rock Shox 2003 line and the remote handlebar lockout on the SID fork. Does anyone know if that switch can be retro-fitted to the 2002 SID SL? If so, will it be sold as a kit?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Z

Zonic Man

Originally posted by monkeywrench
Just saw the ad for Rock Shox 2003 line and the remote handlebar lockout on the SID fork. Does anyone know if that switch can be retro-fitted to the 2002 SID SL? If so, will it be sold as a kit?:confused: :confused: :confused:
Yes it can, and yes it will be.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by monkeywrench
the lock out remote is veryyyyy cool. i got to mess around w/ the one they had on display at nationals and i liked it a lot. the thing w/ it is, when you turn the lever to make the fork stiffer, you actually have to hit the button to release, say if you wanted the lever to be one less notch not stiffer. do you catch what i'm saying? so say it is at like the 3 o clock position. if you want it to be at the 2 o clock position you have to actually hit the button to open up the fork all the way and then move it into the 2 o clock position.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by indieboy

the lock out remote is veryyyyy cool. i got to mess around w/ the one they had on display at nationals and i liked it a lot. the thing w/ it is, when you turn the lever to make the fork stiffer, you actually have to hit the button to release, say if you wanted the lever to be one less notch not stiffer. do you catch what i'm saying? so say it is at like the 3 o clock position. if you want it to be at the 2 o clock position you have to actually hit the button to open up the fork all the way and then move it into the 2 o clock position.
That's not an inconvenience, it's a rather stylish retro feature. Just think of it as being like old rotary telephones. :D

monkeywrench

Chimp
Apr 25, 2002
San Diego
As a singlespeeder, I use my lockout all the time while climbing. I can't even count how many times I've almost eaten sh!t taking a hand off the bar to lockout. Any idea when RS is going to release it to the masses? Thanks for the info. :thumb:

C

crazybastard

never heard of it is there a website which actualy has the fork or anybody got the pic

Z

Zonic Man

Just called Rock Shox....available aftermarket for non-pro racers after Jan. 1.