Quantcast

2004 asheville comp .... sickness

Nov 10, 2003
asheville
Okay ya'll here is the deal. 2004 Asheville street contest some have seen, some have heard, but now all will bear witness to its awesomeness......partyridepartyridepartyrecover.........MAY 7,8,9 www.mountainsportsfestival.com .........15 clams.......am and pro......Gonna be GOOD GOOD times.......no BS house party fo' real club is giving us a place to throw down....DJs and such....come ride come watch come with a costume if you want (at the contest)......flyer and graphics will be up in a few days......street qualifyer like you never seen and the race will be undeniably sick, fun, super great most fantastico'...come one come all.......if you need to talk to somebody call probikes (828) 253 2800....ask for Shawn...or cirk_one@hotmail.com.......for now his is the town crier saying see YUNS thar..............

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
werd...but good gawd why is everything happening that weekend? This, Wintergreen opening day (May 8 I think), Massanutten race. Geez.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Originally posted by mpd510
I think it sounds fun, but can someone translate?
Asheville, NC street comp. Last year it looked like some dudes threw down some very sick sh*t, from what I heard it was a killer event.

Unfortunately that's the same weekend as the Massanutten DH race, so forced to choose between street and dirt, I always gotta go dirt......

Nov 10, 2003
asheville
okay here is the translation. the weekend of may 7,8,9 will quite possibly be the funnest weekend you ever have on a bike. the contest is only a small portion of everything that will be happening in the asheville area. think of it like the open house for an entire scene. nothing is standard fair. the contest this year will be a qualifier in a slopestyle format. real, yes real street elements will be in effect...this is just to seed the racers. next will be a speed trials race that promises highspeed and highly tech side by side on a similar course to last year. however this time we have a lot more big names coming for a longer time so trail rides and numerouse street rides will be in effect all weekend. if you can come great, if not dont be bumbed when you see the pics. oh yeah and if you like dirt. try the trails around here...but you do have to pedal.

Nov 10, 2003
asheville
i understand racing at mass...but the layout this year is gonna be way dh bike friendly as well so weigh this heavily. dirt lines will be full in effect and the race will be the craziest thing you've ever seen. if you miss saturday be sure to at least try and make it down for the party saturday night at shotzy's sure to get out of hand.......just remember jeeps on the porch. anyways sunday will be filled with riding too so if you opt for the same old dh race dont fret riding will be going on all weekend long......peace yuns

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yues yes. jeeps on the porch mud wrestling in the gravel parking lot. oh how i long for the good ol days

Nov 10, 2003
asheville
if you have some good head to head stuff can you post it or get it to shawn so i can post it? and construction will be at the basement most nights. dont bring bikes just bring a swinging shoulder. get up with shawn and let him know you are interested in helping. also see if we can get some of these younger guys in on the act, some of the ones who have been helping with your jumps....hope to see you out there.

Nov 10, 2003
asheville
man if there is one event you want to get all your boys in on and carpool down for it is this one. you are in the south so southern hospitality reins supreme. look at it as a way to see some of the best street trails and riders as well as go to one of the best parties all year. there will be big name pros chuggin' beer and everything. i mean if guys are driving down from jersey you should have no problem with eight hours.

Nov 10, 2003
asheville
everybody keep an eye out this weekend for a posting of the flyer for the contest and just so ya'll know this will be a bit more twisted tahn last year. you know the asheville crew cant let themselves sit stagnent. also for those of you debating on whether to make the drive or not just let us know and we will help you with the lodging expense and find yall a couch floor or backyard to camp in. this is as chill as it gets kids. ride...party...ride....party....recover....if you want proff of the sickness do an asheville search and look up last years contest.

Nov 10, 2003
asheville
sorry i havent gotten the flyer up yet guys but we cant get the scanner thing rolling. just wanted you guys to know a little about the people helping out with the event...so far we have e-13 sending some stuff and a few of the local shops all kicking out stuff, oh and dont forget the beer being donated by french broad brewing. also we are gonna be doing pro cash with paybeack from entry fees and we will be passing the hat in the crowd so the bigger they go the more money they make....keepin' it ambiguous. and there will be quite a few people coming from up north....evil and crew and many of the same pros from last year so be prepared this year is gonna be ccccrrrazy.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
hey rydronthestorm!ben! will the public be allowed into the party after the comp or only competitors and females from the audience?

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
i'm heading down as well... jetting out on friday AM. if remi can't go with me, i'll have a spot open in the exploder.

i might give competing a shot, depends on the course. last year was a bit more focused on the 'big air' than i'm comfy with.

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
Sweet. I definitely want to make it out. Can anyone compete? I'm still not sure if I can go because my parents are reluctant to let me have too much fun, especially on the weedend of my birthday :rolleyes: .

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
so can you ride the stunts after the comp is over if yer not competing? because im not competing, but that still looks like fun...and ive seen all the threads so i know theres definitely some sick street in asheville...damn i really gotta get a new camera before i go down there (mini-DV camcorder, not camera)

i ramble

so who all is coming?
1.me
2.ridelikejehu
3.remi?
4.downy? (parents pending)

downy: tell the parents that letting you go would be a really good birthday present...

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
Originally posted by shifty S
downy: tell the parents that letting you go would be a really good birthday present...
I did, and I'm also going to shoot a documentary on it if I go (got a 3 chip camera to bring:cool:). Maybe you can help me out by filming during the comp if I compete but parents are still unwilling. :mad:

BTW: Does anyone know what pros will be there? I'd like to get some interviews.

Nov 10, 2003
asheville
okay sorry its taking me so long to respond but im out in cali visiting family and havent seen a computer for about a week...which has been great. anyway anyone is welcome to the party in fact the more the better. sounds like it will be 18 and up and 21 to drink. also anyone can compete in either of the two classes. the stunts this year are going to be something totally different so im not sure on the riding them after the contest thing, but you dont need to in this area. in fact the stunts are probably going to be the last thing you will want to ride when you see the street trails and dirt around here. and finally pros.....yeah you name'm they will probably be here. sounds like last years full contengent and then some. this thing is gonna be nuts. and if you dont compete you are a fool, a fool i say. only fifteen bucks and nuthin' but mad hilarity and fun.....but hey if you are toooo cool to ride........anyways someone do me a favor and bump the thread on the dh page and it would be much apprec.....laters

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
Originally posted by downy
I did, and I'm also going to shoot a documentary on it if I go (got a 3 chip camera to bring:cool:). Maybe you can help me out by filming during the comp if I compete but parents are still unwilling. :mad:
im all over that, and you should tie them up and just split

Nov 10, 2003
asheville
okay guys im sure everyone has been looking at the stuff on the main page. we have things together and this is gonna be the sickest real street ever....but we are gonna need warm bodies to help with setup on friday. friday morning we need people from around asheville. if you can help gimme a call you know my number or how to get it so dial me up. also the registration will be twenty day of and all im talking is a twenty dollar bill, no checks no credit card..cold hard cash. and look on the main thread to see the list of pros that will be attending. looks like more pro than am. but friday the plan is setup and street ride. saturday comp and break down..then pppppaaaaarrrttttttyyyy!!