Quantcast

2004 RC Propedal Oil Add?

oddblob

Chimp
Aug 4, 2004
Salem, Oregon
I have a 2004 Fox Propedal shock w/remote resevoir on my freeride bike. Last night I was turning the coil to change the preload and I noticed that the main shock cylinder was loose where it screws into the top end section where the remote resevoir attaches. There was some oil leaking out of there also. I took the spring off and tightened the cylinder, and my compression and rebound settings still seem to be spot-on, but I'm unsure of how much oil I may have lost. Does anyone know if the home mechanic can add/change oil in these shocks or is there a nitrogen charge involved? Thanks.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
oddblob said:
I have a 2004 Fox Propedal shock w/remote resevoir on my freeride bike. Last night I was turning the coil to change the preload and I noticed that the main shock cylinder was loose where it screws into the top end section where the remote resevoir attaches. There was some oil leaking out of there also. I took the spring off and tightened the cylinder, and my compression and rebound settings still seem to be spot-on, but I'm unsure of how much oil I may have lost. Does anyone know if the home mechanic can add/change oil in these shocks or is there a nitrogen charge involved? Thanks.
Leave it the way it is...don't open it up.