Quantcast

2005/2006 Specialized Enduro

monke880

Chimp
Dec 11, 2005
Ojai, SoCal
Hello, all. This is my first post on Ride Monkey and I thought I would ask for your advice. I've had a jumping hardtail for a while, but I want to get more into downhill while still being able to ride local trails both uphill and down. Do you think a Specialized Enduro (the one with 6" of travel) would be a good idea? How do you Enduro owners like yours? Thanks for your help!

Jan 29, 2005
if you are just hiking trails and shuttle runs the enduro will do fine, however if you want to compete in DH I would recomend the Santa Cruz VP-Free, it pedals extremely well due to the VPP linkage

bkbassplayr

Chimp
Nov 23, 2004
Columbia, Maryland
Yea, i myself am looking into the enduro sx trail, and from what i hear it can take a hell of alot of abuse, is easy to jump and whip around, and can still be pedaled uphill. Most of the guys that i read reviews from were out in whistler, coming off of bighits and demo's, and they said it was totally smooth and took whatever they had to throw at it.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Yeah, an SX Trail may be better for you because it's a compromise between a DH rig and a trail bike with the best elements of each.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
thats what im getting, it is going to be sick. I will post reviews when i get it and ride it down tunnel a few times.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
If you are are in SoCal, thinking of getting into DH, and want a bike tha pedals uphill well and descends well also, the Enduro is a great bike at a great price. This bike is perfect for racing at Fontana. I've raced DH 2 years on a 6"-travel bike. You can do almost any sport-level course on an Endruo or similar bike.

Until you start doing the big drops (like you find at the nationals expert/pro courses) and the really steep stuff (like Durango), you'll do great on an Enduro.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I got to pedal around an '06 enduro this weekend. To me it felt like it was light, pedal'd well and was pretty plush. I'm not a big fan of do-it-all bikes but if I was only allowed to have 1 bike this would probably be one that I would consider.

btw, nice avatar.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
hey i know some one that can do a 12 foot drop on a colier, with five inches. So im pritty sure that he endero sx trail with 6.7" will be able to handle great on 15-18' drops.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
This kid's not a freehucker, it says he's doing more trail riding and mellow DH (Fontucky, ect.) I've ridden with him and a regular Enduro or SX Trail would be more than enough.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Aha. Just looked at the specs - I had been going from memory, which is bad...

The head tube angle on the SX Trail is between 66.5 - 67.5 deg. Wow. Yeah, this bike will take care of you on the steep stuff... I was thinking it was more like 68 deg. Nevermind. :D

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
rpet said:
I wouldn't say the Enduro or any of the other nicer Specs are a "great price."

-r
the retail on specialized is outrageous but they are often sold for less.
same goes for many companies

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Adam Novatt said:
hey i know some one that can do a 12 foot drop on a colier, with five inches. So im pritty sure that he endero sx trail with 6.7" will be able to handle great on 15-18' drops.
Wow.:rolleyes:

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I have an SX trail with a few parts swapped out to make it lighter/better. The primary reason I got that bike was because I wanted 'mini' dh bike. Basically a bike that handled like a dh bike, without the weight or sluggish suspension. Those that know will tell you that it's quality over quantity, and the enduro has the quality side well covered.

I've been very happy with mine and would have no problems racing dh with it on all but the roughest courses.