Quantcast

2005 823 & 2005 DeeMax spoke question

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
2005 ex823 & 2005 DeeMax spoke question

Do these two rims use the same spoke hardware? are they the same rim except that the Deemax is yellow and 28 hole?

The reason for the question is Ive got a deal on a "as-new" set of 05 DeeMax wheels but the rear wheel wont fit my bike. Hadley said they would make me a 28 hole rear hub shell. any reason this wouldnt work?? lacing a deemax to a 28 hole, non-mavic hub ??

thanks,

joel

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Jimmy_Pop said:
2005 ex823 & 2005 DeeMax spoke question

Do these two rims use the same spoke hardware? are they the same rim except that the Deemax is yellow and 28 hole?

The reason for the question is Ive got a deal on a "as-new" set of 05 DeeMax wheels but the rear wheel wont fit my bike. Hadley said they would make me a 28 hole rear hub shell. any reason this wouldnt work?? lacing a deemax to a 28 hole, non-mavic hub ??

thanks,

joel
Just a guess, but dont dee-max's use straight pull spokes? Meaning, youd have to get them custom made to fit the wider hub, correct? (dont qoute me)

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Red Bull said:
And im guessing its normally a standard 135mm, no dish, and QR.

My only guess is to ask Mavic...
doesnt matter, thats upto the spoke length. A rim is a rim, all you need is the correct spoke length for the hole count, pattern and ERD, so you could lace it to any hub.

The new Deemaxs have the smaller Fore drilling that the Krysium wheelsets use, and i believe those dont use standard nipples and may require the straight pull to work, but previous (and current?) ones are just like 823s.