Quantcast

2005 Monster Park @ Snowshoe Mtn.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
i'm to stupid to take my camera out. i go back to snowshoe tmrw and im riding all day so ill take my camera and ill upload some tomorrow night if i remember. when i left it was looking real prime and i bet tons more stuff got done in the past few days.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
all I can say is WOW!

Jay you campin or gettin a room, send me a message or something!

This weekend should be prime! Are any of you planning on staying sunday night too and riding some monday the 4th?

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Crap...
I'm gonna miss Monster Park, but i'll be coming up next Thursday and staying until the following Sunday. Hopefully i'll see you guys up there.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Castle said:
all I can say is WOW!

Jay you campin or gettin a room, send me a message or something!

This weekend should be prime! Are any of you planning on staying sunday night too and riding some monday the 4th?

Heh, I don't have to goto work on the 4th. so I might as well ride on monday I think. I'm going to get a room at the inn since I'm feelin cheap. I'm taking my dog again so it should be a fun weekend. we should get alot of fireworks for that weekend.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
HRDTLBRO said:
Crap...
I'm gonna miss Monster Park, but i'll be coming up next Thursday and staying until the following Sunday. Hopefully i'll see you guys up there.
I'll do my best to take a lot of pictures for those that can't make it.

dink

Chimp
Apr 7, 2002
Charlottesville VA
ridetoofast said:
ah come on dude you know id hit and the monster would save me like every other time!!

and you cant tell me you wouldnt hit it etither...god made dirt and dirt dont hurt!

i've seen it up close and i already know i'm gonna close my eyes when watching someone else hit it. it's all that big and scary. dirt may not hurt but the ganggreen (sp?) that you get from that dirt later sure sucks...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
dink said:
i've seen it up close and i already know i'm gonna close my eyes when watching someone else hit it. it's all that big and scary. dirt may not hurt but the ganggreen (sp?) that you get from that dirt later sure sucks...
:think: aahhhh................'scuse me.........

Anyone seen my balls?

:D

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Rained for the first time in a week which was good cause it was getting real dry and dusty. Woke up this morning its nice and sunny out and gonna be the rest of the week i think.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Cheapest in the immediate area is the Inn at Snowshoe, which is at the base. Online, the non package rate for 2 nights is 178. you might want to call them directly and see if they are running some kind of deal.

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
http://ride.snowshoemtn.com/rates05.html

Bottom of the page has some deals w/bike park passes.

One Night Bike Package
Includes one night lodging, breakfast one morning, one day trail access pass, one day lift pass and one day shuttle pass.
Starting at $79 per person, midweek
Starting at $84 per person, weekend

Two Night Bike Package
Includes two nights lodging, breakfast two mornings, two day trail access pass, two day lift pass and two day shuttle pass.
Starting at $159 per person, midweek
Starting at $169 per person, weekend

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Jayridesacove said:
I'm going to be stalking Aaron Chase, I want to get his autograph on my Chase frame.
you wont have to stalk him lol, Aaron is real approachable; real nice guy!

EEE

Chimp
Jun 17, 2005
Anybody have any idea how close spectators can be during the event? Want to shoot some pics, but I'm zoom-less at the moment. Any good vantage points to shoot from that will be close but not closed off?

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
DHanamal said:
:stupid: Yep I'm gonna spend 50% of my time on powerline watching these dudes pull some huge sh|t off of those tables.

The tables are not that big, and that runs is so pedal heavy it was sick. The jumps need a ton of work.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
The pros i doubt are even gonna touch our trails while the event is going on and they wont be pulling **** on powerline since its not looking to good right now. It needs to be re worked after the event is gone when trail maintenance is full effect again. Also spectators will be able to get somewhat close but you are gonna have trouble shooting pics if u dont have a 100-200mm lens.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
A few of my friends that rode last week said you guys were going to just rebuild everything on that trail. Guess it's to be expected. Rome wasn't built in day either.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
i wana see some pros session the racer's edge jump, come down and mingle with us mortals. i hate that we can't ride the MP course, not like i could ride most of the stuff but i would be fun to bust my a** trying. can't wait to see yall up there! c u sat castle!