Quantcast

2005 Specialized FSR XC

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
dunno if any of yall look at the freeride forum or not but read this before the rest of my post plz.
http://ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131128
...well supergo received my bike and are refunding me for my it. i went to my local bike shop today and he reconmended to me a 2005 Specialized FSR XC for what i want. i told him that i would only really be riding at a local trail (poor farm [Ashland, VA]) and around the neighborhood. he said that the k2 was gonna be too much for what i was gonna be riding that instead i should go with a trail bike/xc bike. the ticketed price is 1099 but he said he could take it down to 900 for me and possibly more if i trade in my old bike (older kona lana'i). but im not sure if i want to trade in my hardtail. i was just wondering if anybody has any experience with this and if anyone could offer any advice.

thanks for your time
-spectaculardark

LowCel

Chimp
Oct 24, 2005
Charleston, WV
A little off topic but why are you just going to be riding in Ashland? There is some great riding at Kanawha State Forest in Charleston, WV. Only about an hour and a half away from you.

(oops, just noticed this thread was a month old, sorry)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Yeah, the FSR XC is ok. It is a little heavy frame-wise, and I don't care for the Manitou Splice. But it is slim pickings at the $1000 level for FS bikes.

I prefer the 2005 Jekyll at $1200 retail (probably $1000 now). Better frame, same parts though as the FSR XC. Not much you can do there.

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
LowCel said:
A little off topic but why are you just going to be riding in Ashland? There is some great riding at Kanawha State Forest in Charleston, WV. Only about an hour and a half away from you.

(oops, just noticed this thread was a month old, sorry)

well the reason i mostly ride a poor farm park is because im not really able to drive down there easily...i mean i have a truck and my license but im still in high school and sure as hell dont have the money to pay for the gas to drive there and back for the weekend or what ever...maybe this summer if i can find a new job and get some time to take a little road trip with a friend or talk the folks into a little vacation down there!