Quantcast

2005 super D

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I can't find a 2005 schedule that shows when and where the super D's are. I found a thing, but it was ib wisconsin. I live in California. I would go to big bear and the sea otter and races around there (low north ca - south ca). where could I find a schedule? Does anyone know if the sea otter and the Firstone/ Walker races will have Super D?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I t is almost a cross between x-c and dh. It is usually 10-20min. It is downhill and not nearly as technical as dh. There can be a few small climbs. Once in a while there are lemans starts.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
there was a super d race at silver mt. idaho that i did on my hard tail... i barly finished the race because i fell flying down a fire road. there was also a team bike skills demo w/ chris duncan... very cool

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
doAZido said:
is the super d something you can do on a hardtail?
I talked to a guy once and he had said he was winning races on a Santa Cruz Chameleon(sp?). I would think a HT w/ a 4-5" fork would do pretty well.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
My only mtb is a green gary fisher level betty fh1. It has an 03' dirt jump II fork (130mm) and a rs super deluxe shock ( about 4"). I think this will work well for super d. I just need a new rear rim. Is anyone selling a new mavic d521 rim.