Quantcast

2005 Swain "Mud Cup"

BigStonz

Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
Swain!! NY
The 5th annual "Mud Cup" will be held in Swain, NY on Saturday, October 22nd. They'll probably be no actual race, but there will be DH shuttles, beer, and a chicken BBQ at Downhill Drew's bar. Take a drive to Swain, check out the foliage, check out our trails, have some BBQ and beer. There is a cabin for rent in town that sleeps over 12 people for around $75. Our local guys will probably carry on into the evening with a bonfire and more beer at my place. (The cabin for rent is right behind my place).
You can contact me at Robtrautman@hotmail.com
:thumb:
Meet at DH Drew's noonish.

BigStonz

Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
Swain!! NY
Bump
Oct. 22nd is next Sat.
It looks like Downhill Drew 's going to have a band as well.
I'll challenge anyone to an up the slope/down the slope race..come on down and kick the old guy's ass....high noon

Stinky Boy

Chimp
Jan 23, 2004
Arkport NY
I will bet you $5 and a 6 pack of Labatt Blue and beat you up and down the hill like a red headed step child!!!

Are you up for that challenge?!!!!!!

BigStonz

Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
Swain!! NY
We have 3 trails between the ski slopes at Swain and a couple outside the ski area. One of them is by far the favorite...Very steep at the top and a nice speedy flow through the rest.
Our other favorite is our lil' North Shore...wooden pallet jumps, teeter totter, a nice stunt where you jump onto a wooden table then off the other end. Last count had about 15 opportunities to get in the air on that trail, nothing more than about 5' drops.
We also have several steep chutes near the bottom on the ski area.
Saturday will involve truck/van shuttles on roads to a 1-2 mile singletrack that takes you to the top of the runs.
We usually have a beer stop at the top of the DH stuff each run.
You could pedal up a ski trail to the top if you are into that kind of thing.
I imagine we'll get 6 or so runs in on Sat.

We have afew young guys, but most of us are in our 30s, early 40s...We ride Stinkys/Bullits, some Ironhorse stuff
Hope that helps

Stinky Boy

Chimp
Jan 23, 2004
Arkport NY
Mike B. said:
I wouldn't mind making the short trip west. What do you guys have for trails at Swain? Full on dh runs or something a little more mellow?
Hey Mike, I am Mike. Come join the fun!!! There is a lot of different skill levels that ride with us. If there is something that you do not want to do, there is always a way around and if you want to do it all, hit it lilke a mad man!!

It is a great bunch of guys! We might even have some company from Rochester and Hilton, NY.

So if you can make the trip, we would love to have ya!!!

Hope to see ya!! :thumb: