Quantcast

2006 Boxxer WC vs Boxxer Team

Jul 19, 2005
Manizales, COLOMBIA
has anyone ridden them yet? and if so what do you prefer the solo air+motion control of the WC or just the motion control of the team?
just wanted to know how do they feel? pros and cons of both!

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
correct me if i am wrong but doesn't the world cup have solo air with motion control damping, and the team has just motion control? i cant say what the feel like but hopefully they will be nice.

hilldown

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Oroville, CA
If you want to compare weight, I believe the WC is 5.9 pound where the team is a pound or so more. Since you want to know feel I guess that doesnt really matter. But haveing that weight in the front of a bike where you usually have 2 to 3 more pounds must make a huge weight difference.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
hilldown said:
If you want to compare weight, I believe the WC is 5.9 pound where the team is a pound or so more. Since you want to know feel I guess that doesnt really matter. But haveing that weight in the front of a bike where you usually have 2 to 3 more pounds must make a huge weight difference.
Team is 7.1lbs I believe...

If you have the money, go for the WC.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
As I read it they do not have the motion control - from Pinkbike Sram press release think:

BlackBox SpeedStack

This high speed compression circuit is added to the Motion Control damper in the BoXXer World cup, to provide additional compression control which is desirable for long travel applications like downhill racing. The BlackBox SpeedStack changes the function of the FloodGate knob from a blow-off threshold adjuster to a high speed compression adjuster.

But as said the only difference is one is air sprung the other coil - the rest is the same.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
rode the air fork. . . loved it. it's silent which is weird after being so used to riding boxxers with noisy springs in them

covy

Chimp
Oct 24, 2005
I'll receive tomorrow my WC06 and i tried this summer a Ride06 which is nearly same than the Team (standard spring vs U-turn Spring, this is the only difference). So I'll quicky be able to tell the differnce between the SoloAir spring and coil spring.