Quantcast

2006 BURN 24 Hour Challenge

Eddie O

Chimp
Mar 10, 2006
It's so on....
The 6th annual BURN 24 Hour Challenge!

Registration is open, the website is being updated daily, sponsors are lining up, and the excitement is building. Are you ready?

May 27th & 28th
Dark Mountain Trails
Wilkesboro, NC
http://burn24hour.com/

So far we have sponsorship commitments from: BURN (of course), Kona Bicycles, Wingnut Gear, Light & Motion, Recover-Ease and American Classic!

The BURN 24 is stop #4 on the Dirt Rag World Tour! That means even more chances for free stuff!

RACE HIGHLIGHTS
So many great new things are in store for you at the 6th Annual BURN 24 Hour Challenge. We've gone over the top to improve the race experience, and many of the little things you'll just have to see to believe. Here are some of the highlights:

FREE BURN ENERGY DRINKS
CHAMPIONCHIP TIMING
AWESOME VENUE
GREAT PRIZES
CASH PAYOUT FOR SOLO!
FOOD!
BIG WHEEL TIME TRIALS
KIDS RACES
BIGGER, BADDER ALIEN ABDUCTION
SCHWAG RAFFLE
POST-RACE PASTA
SIRIUS SATELLITE MUSIC

Eddie O

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This race kicks ass. Cool laid back atmosphere, well organized and some very fun trails. Did last year solo and plan on doing it again.

Longer laps would be nice though, nudge nudge.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
motomike said:
I actually think you might get longer laps. They've been working hard out there getting the trails ready for this year.

Sweet.

I should be dragging a large group of people from C'ville with me this year.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
whats the course like? how long? how much elevation gain?
My altimeter showed about 650ft/lap with fast 7 mile laps. Fun course. Nothing very technical but has some fast flowy downhills with some kick ass berms. A few jumps here and there if you like too.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
yeah the course is great. I never got tired of it when I raced it. And I can't stress enough--GREAT ATMOSPHERE. They set up areas on the trail with glowing aliens and stuff in the middle of the night to make you hallucinate. It's awesome!

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
Looking for a Duo teammate to do this race with me. I've been off the bike for a little while over the winter due to injury and working on recovery, so am not quite prepared yet (or willing) to do it solo this time around. However, I love this event and really want to do it again this year.

You don't need to be fast (I'm certainly not!), just willing to hang in there for the duration. If you're expecting a podium spot or a super-fast hammerhead teammate, I'm not what you're looking for, but if you simply want to go and have fun at the race, with a partner who is just happy to be back on the bike, I'm your gal!

If interested and willing/able to make a definite commitment for this event, please let me know as soon as possible so we can talk a bit and determine if our race goals are compatible. :)

Thanks.

t
spydersmom@gmail.com

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
at this point i only have 3 solids (me and 2 others) the 4th/5th dooods are semi-commital at this point (did i just make up a word?) or maybe the 3 of us could be stooopid and do it solo.

i am soooo not in shape for that but i just did a 1/2 marathon without training, im sure i could give this place a go :nuts:

either way i am SO there. i am trying to get my father to come up to be a pitt boss as he's never seen me race before...not that i've raced alot he's just never seen it.

Eddie O

Chimp
Mar 10, 2006
Thanks for all the positive responses.

This is great first time event for those considering solo....it was my first. As stated, the atmosphere is laid back and the collective is very supportive. I have a soft spot for the solo's so I'm trying to score some prizes for the non-top 3 folks.

For the experienced solo'ers, we are a 24 HOA WSC qualifier. As you may know by know the 24 HOA Solo Champs will be held in Conyers, GA this year, so if you want to see how you stack up to the big dogs, this is your chance.

Teamies, we offer 3 categories of 3 to 5 person teams. All male, all female and coed. If you only 3 members committed at this point, you can still sign up and then recruit others. We'll gather the addition team member's info at registration.

We can now add Kenda tires as a solo cash prize sponsor and product prize sponsor too!

Don't forget...All the BURN & BURN2 you can drink as well!

Eddie O

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
myself and 4 others (tim, jim, jason, and chuck) will be there as Lunatics on the Grass (again, from Lodi)

we'll be wearing the DSOTM prism jerseys westy and our pit will have a green 4 runner and a blue volvo.

are you doing it solo?

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
westy im sure i 'saw' you again and had no idea who you were
how did you do
our team took 11th out of 25 with 35 laps
we'd have done better but suffered 2 sequential mechanicals resulting in 1hr+ lap times which created a deficit we couldnt overcome. prior to the mechs we were in 9th place, after the mechs we dropped to 14th, and fought our way back to 11th.
pleasantly surprised that im not sore at all, with the exception of damaged suffered from a last minute crash. some tool wouldnt bear off after repeated requests to get by (AFTER i had let him pass me on a climb) and i wrecked at the exit of the descent right at the corner of the pit area in the gravel, trying to make an inside pass on him. other than that we had a good time.