Quantcast

2006 Eric Carter Sig. Mongoose EC-D

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
oly said:
anyways, its cool to see your caliber of rider on the monkey. Its funny how some people cant believe it could be possible? Like you were some robot who was stored in a closet when not racing.....
Oh yeah?! I got to watch Peaty and Lopes filming for Clay Porter's next movie today in SoCal.

I'm pretty sure Lopes is still in the closet. J/K :blah: :D

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
If it builds up to be 3-4 pounds lighter the CG can afford to be a few inches higher, while still maintaining good handling characteristics.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Hey Eric,

It's Butch with Turner/Michelin...if it makes you feel any better, Chris Herndon posted on here one time in one thread...the net geeks fired shots at him and he got so annoyed, he hasn't posted since. :D

Seriously though, congrats for making the commitment to develop the product. You could have done like Lopes and just quit DH in fear of the inferior equipment (in the days of "Crackin'Dale frames"), but oyu stuckwith it and should be rewarded with a quality rig.

I wanted to comment about the Wal-mart crossover. It's a double edged sword. They get a bike that doesn't work for crap and they get rustrated riding it....or they get hooked on bikes and upgrade to an E.C. signature bike.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
I hate to admit it but I got to take a spin on one at Mammoth and it really felt good. I did not get to make some DH runs on it so the test was far from thorough but wow, it felt good. It pedaled great and ramped up nicely. The bike is very stiff laterally and handles great.

I didn't want to like it but I did.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...man - I should've said this earlier in the thread but, for those of you who used to race BMX like 15 to 20 years ago, Mongoose frames were the sh!t... There was a kid on my block who won one in a contest - it was one of the first "SuperGoose" models, and that thing kicked ass! All chrome frame, clean welds, good geometry, and tough. This kid beat on it like crazy - and it never quit.

Just because Mongoose makes "mainstream" bikes that are sold in large outlet stores, dosen't mean they aren't capable of making excellent high-end bikes.

Dodge makes the Mini Van. But Dodge also makes the Viper GTS, GTR, and Competetion Coupe:http://www.vipercompetitioncoupe.com/home/home.html. So just because they make a mass produced mini-van, does that mean the Viper program sucks?

Hell no.

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
I thought those bikes looked like they worked pretty damn good on the Mtx course at Mammoth. EC and Brian had noo problem laying a serious whomp down on the rest of the pro field with them. Not that that is something out of the ordinary or anything.
BTW thanks for the champagne spray Carter, I got to smell it all day sunday on my jersey, and all it made me think about was kicking ass, until I exploded. I can't explain how cool it was to stand up there with you guys.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
BC VAN said:
.i think it's cool to see how different people have opinions...i personally love the super controversy topics.
So you must be following the Turner horst threads. Talk about the faithful all the sudden forgetting why they really rode turners....

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Mongoose has only been doing the Walmart thing since Pacific bought them. I started riding in '95 and Mongoose was a high end, well-respected brand. I agree that too many mountain bikers (as well as roadies) assume that a bike must be expensive to ride well. I remember when Iron Horse bikes were the biggest pieces of trash, but then with the development of the SGS series they became a regular, respected brand. I think the same will happen with Mongoose. After this bike hits the market, within a year or two, people will start to give it some respect. Who knows, maybe in two years people will be posting threads on the ridedonkey about how beautiful the new Mongoose is, and how they're pissed that their new bike is on back order, and it's hard to get in the electric green color, and that it eats bushings but rips corners...

History has a funny way of repeating itself. Props to Mongoose and EC for getting a good bike out at a decent price. This needs to happen more often.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
bikenweed said:
... I remember when Iron Horse bikes were the biggest pieces of trash, but then with the development of the SGS series they became a regular, respected brand. ....
actually, Iron Horse shouldn't get so much of the credit as DW??? or a 2 way tie on credit for teaming up? :love:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
santacruzer87 said:
because GT pays him to ride other bikes. Lopes has never ridden a GT, his bikes are made by an independent frame maker and then painted like a GT. Gimme 3 hours and I'll find the article. Its the same guy that makes most of the top pro XC bikes, and nobody even knows about it.....

-Ryan
100% wrong...
And yes...EC is BC Van, we were both molested in that van.

Fshflys

Monkey
Jun 29, 2005
BC VAN said:
...i just wish i could have been healthy to race them this year....although i still think cody warren would have kicked my a*s at mammoth...how bout that kids time!?
Yeah, he would have been tough to beat. I watched practice, he was boosting this little rock 100yds uphill of Get Er Done, flying over a bunch of rocks that everybody else was bouncing through.That definately was his course. I did see you giving props to his mom at the bottom.
I wish I could have watched you race 4x, had to go to awards, Brian got 2nd in 16 & under JrX. Everybody was complaining about the timing of awards. Wes got some good pics of Cody/Curtis get together on 4X;
http://www.dotphoto.com/GuestViewImage.asp?AID=2838442&IID=93079348&INUM=367&ICT=708&IPP=16
SoCal boys did pretty good, EC, Cody & Alf, #1 semipro.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
When I had bike troubles in the slalom race at Mt Snow, Brian Schmith was quick to let me borrow his 4X bike. I didnt have a chance to get used to it before the next round and his set-up was quite a bit different than what I was used to but damn was that bike fast. It rode really well. I was pretty stoked on it.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Take a look at the Mongoose site....

EC, the bike looks sick, the spec looks sick and if the price is right I might have a new Whistler play bike. :) It'll be cheaper than buying all the stuff for my M1 that needs replacing after this season.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
S.K.C. said:
...man - I should've said this earlier in the thread but, for those of you who used to race BMX like 15 to 20 years ago, Mongoose frames were the sh!t... There was a kid on my block who won one in a contest - it was one of the first "SuperGoose" models, and that thing kicked ass! All chrome frame, clean welds, good geometry, and tough. This kid beat on it like crazy - and it never quit.

Dude no kidding, I used to covet those nickel plated 'Gooses with Motomags back in the day. But then I got a Kuwahara with a Bottema fork and all my friends were jealous... :blah:

EC, way to represent!!

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
ride said:
I thought those bikes looked like they worked pretty damn good on the Mtx course at Mammoth. EC and Brian had noo problem laying a serious whomp down on the rest of the pro field with them. Not that that is something out of the ordinary or anything.
BTW thanks for the champagne spray Carter, I got to smell it all day sunday on my jersey, and all it made me think about was kicking ass, until I exploded. I can't explain how cool it was to stand up there with you guys.
anytime!....it's good to have new faces up on the podium, the more mixed up it gets the more people get interested.
you rode awsome at mammoth, killer move in the small final, you helped me decide what i needed to do in the final, had i not cut out to the berm last minute, those guys would have blown my doors off, so thanks.

have a killer off season and we'll see ya at the otter.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
jon-boy said:
Take a look at the Mongoose site....

EC, the bike looks sick, the spec looks sick and if the price is right I might have a new Whistler play bike. :) It'll be cheaper than buying all the stuff for my M1 that needs replacing after this season.
jon thanks for the props...you gonna be in so cal anytime soon?

this comment fits right into what i call the whistler factor.

with the new mongoose bikes you can get a complete high end bike, with great spec & still have money left over for a killer trip to whistler.

for the same price as some of the other bike company frame package's.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Hey - I was wondering: (not sure if you know though, this is more of a distributor question I guess) - can I get the ECD as a frame only???

Can't wait to see the new ride next year with you on board - you still running the Tioga tires? ...it says on their site that the White Tiger ones are gonna come in UST, but I haven't seen any yet.

...wanna give us a hint as to what Darren may have done with your Boxxers??? :D

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
S.K.C. said:
Hey - I was wondering: (not sure if you know though, this is more of a distributor question I guess) - can I get the ECD as a frame only???

Can't wait to see the new ride next year with you on board - you still running the Tioga tires? ...it says on their site that the White Tiger ones are gonna come in UST, but I haven't seen any yet.

...wanna give us a hint as to what Darren may have done with your Boxxers??? :D
as far as frame only...they aren't sure, it was brought up a lot at interbike and i'm sure it will talked about after interbike at the office.

i was with kenda last year, so i have no clue about tioga stuff now?

when you say darren i assume you mean from push?....no one but black box mech's are allowed to even look in any of my forks unless its stock like my 4x u turn reba's....i wasn't even allowed to have data from push last year on the front.
the black box program is real tight as far as stuff like that...half the stuff i ride i have no clue what they have inside or what the name of it is.
i can tell you i ride stuff about a year and a half before the public can get it..actuall some times earlier....the first time we rode the air sprung dh forks was at the gt team camp in 99! kinda like the first time we rode the gt gear box was late 98!

i got to see some goodies from rock shox recently that i can't wait to get on.

and no i can't say anything about them.

HGR Frucci

Chimp
Feb 18, 2004
K12
Eric -

I am trying to send you a PM regarding the Tribe. Any chance you can make room in your mailbox?

THANKS!

JF