Quantcast

2006 Master's World Championships Press Release

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
The guys that put the Master's on sent this to me. I thought some of the old farts might be interested. It would be nice to have more people show up next year. Plus, it's a really well run race with a good course.

Press release

The UCI Mountain Bike Masters World Championships return to Sun Peaks Resort, British Columbia, on September 2nd and 3rd, 2006

Bromont, November 22nd, 2005 – The Mondial du Vélo is pleased to announce that the 2006 UCI Masters Worlds Championships will be held in the Mountain Bike Park at Sun Peaks Resort, near Kamloops, British Columbia, on Labour Day week-end, September 2nd and 3rd, 2006.

Returning to its traditional date on Labour Day week-end, this year’s event promises to bring together mountain bike riders 30 years and older from all over the world. The event will be held over two days, with the cross country on Saturday followed by the downhill on Sunday. Over 350 racers are expected to attend the event in 2006 after a first successful year at Sun Peaks in 2005.

New for 2006 will be a totally re-designed cross country course, using the famed Bike Park trails of Sun Peaks, with a spectacular finish in the beautiful Sun Peaks village. The Sun Peaks team are committed to making the 2006 version of this popular event the best ever, with a site completely dedicated to the event and many other events to add interest.

Situated in the interor of Bristish Columbia Sun Peaks Resort offers a mecca of trails in its lift access mountain bike park. The resort is familiar with hosting World class mountain bike events, such as the Tim Hortons Mountain Bike National Champioships (two-time host) and more freeride oriented events such as Joyride.

“We are thrilled to work in conjunction with Mondial du Vélo and with the opportunity to hold the UCI Mountain Bike Masters World Championships on the west coast for a second consecutive year” states Francis Arogouin, Marketing and Sales Director at Sun Peaks Resort. “It is going to be extremely exciting to see some of the world’s best riders tackle our long and technical race courses”.

Information on the event will soon be available at the Mondial du Vélo website, at www.mondialduvelo.com.

-30-

Information: Richard Deslandes - (450) 534-3333
richard@mondialduvelo.com

Francis Argouin-Sun Peaks Resort Corp
(250)-578-5409
fargouin@sunpeaksresort.com

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
profro said:
Hey Chris, what do you have to do to qualify?
Fill out the registration form. If you want to wear the USA jersey, I think you need to be top 3 at a national or have a UCI Elite license. I just sign up each year.

Note: you can not race this if you have raced a World Cup in the past year.

Another note: We practiced Friday and Saturday this past year. By the race on Sunday we were blown up. The course is very long and beats the crap out of you. I think fastest time on the same course during the canada cup and Master's was 4:45ish. Therefore: don't worry about praticing on Friday. Ride Whistler Monday and Tuesday instead.